Traditional CMSs have been around for decades. But today, the content has to be displayed everywhere: mobile applications, IoT, ATMs, etc. With the rise of the Jamstack, even the way to create a website completely changed over the past few years. In that context, a new kind of CMS appeared: the Headless CMS. The concept is very simple: it makes the content available to any platform, through an API. The entire CMS marketing is completely shifting to Headless, making it a booming market
In a world where companies want to keep control of their stack, avoid vendor lock-in, customize their CMS according to their needs, and connect it to any service, open-source is a requirement to be largely adopted by corporations and recommended by developers. Within 6 years
, Strapi became, by far, the leading open-source Headless CMS.
Strapi has been downloaded more than 5M times, reached 40k stars on GitHub
, 700 contributors, 250k lines of code, and 350 plugins. We raised a Seed round with Accel
and Index pre-empted our Series A
. Our team counts 50 amazing Strapiers fully distributed all over the world. Our revenue has been growing by 20% month over month in 2021. Our customers include IBM, Virgin Media, Toyota, Accenture, Delivery Hero, and hundreds of others.
🙏🏾 Why your role is important at Strapi
Our Sales team is driven by 3 principles which are "Learn, continuously", "Be grateful, unrelentingly", and "Share, a lot". You can find more details in this article. We are a tight-knit, high-energy crew. We value being a great team, achieving the extraordinary, and making our customers successful.
- The Sales Manager role is vital in all of our territory selling markets. As the Sales Manager, you will lead a dynamic sales team and help Strapi surpass our growth goals. Reporting to the VP of Sales, you will be responsible for hiring, developing and leading a high-performing team of Account Executives to meet and exceed sales goals. The right candidate is truly passionate about open source software and has a proven track record to talk about! This is an exciting opportunity to unequivocally influence Strapi’s overall success and growth.
- This role is Remote within EMEA.
📋 What will your job look like?
- Sales Manager reports into the VP of Sales
- Drives, manages and executes the business and revenue of a sales team
- Analyzes market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Prepares forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Educates team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Establishes and reports on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary
- Ensures that the sales plan is aligned with and supports the company’s revenue goal
- Manages a team of 5-10 Account Executives; fosters a successful and positive team environment
💙 About you:
- 5+ years experience in tech sales, operations and leadership in open source software or software DevOps environment
- Experience selling and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and sell
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives (revenue targets, pipeline targets, etc.)
- Experience utilizing CRM systems and marketing automation systems (such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Clari, Marketo, etc).
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations; ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills; Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to mentor others
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
👾 Strapi Benefits:
- Work from anywhere: we're a remote-first company, so we can work wherever home is. And WiFi.
- Expanded health benefits: Including premium medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Equity for everyone: we win together. On top of a competitive salary, every Strapier has equity that grows with you in the company.
- Parents on a mission: 16 weeks fully paid parental leave for every new Strapi parent.
- You'll always be up to date: we’ll cover all hardware and software needed so you’re always with the latest versions.
- Grow as you are: from day one, we provide budget and tools to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
- Bi-annual off sites: we gather physically (when possible) or virtually all together for a week twice a year.
- Mental health support: we offer unlimited Moka.care one-on-one sessions with certified specialists
- Emergency Days: 5 days a year for difficult and unexpected situations with no need to provide any proof of justification.
💥 Our Talent Acquisition process:
- This process tends to take 2-3 weeks max, but happy to adapt to your specific needs.
- First video call with the Talent Acquisition Team
- Technical assessment
- Assessment debriefing
- Team meetings (with a few Strapiers)
- References check
- Values assessment
- Closing interview
- At any moment, the process can stop, and the team will be happy to give you a call to share their feedback or get into more details if you want.
Celebrating You being YOU!
Strapi's mission is to empower the worldwide community of users to build a million tailor-made projects. To do that, we are growing a diverse team representative of the users we serve. We are committed to building a safe workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves. By being you and bringing your unique difference, perspective, culture, experience, lifestyle, and challenge, you actually help all of us succeed and grow to be the best version of ourselves!
Want to learn more about us?