Whether you’re planning two weeks or 20 minutes in advance, our mission is to empower diners to browse and book a table at a restaurant they will love. Yelp is looking for Sales Managers to join as key members of Yelp’s restaurant sales team. With over 138 million unique monthly visitors to the site, a rapidly expanding user community, and a built-in forum for consumer interactions, Yelp is a fantastic place for restaurants to reach an actively engaged audience. You will be responsible for managing a team of 6-12 sales executives, selling software tools to restaurants, while driving monthly targets through new business acquisition. Our fast-paced sales team has a positive attitude and drive to win. This is a great opportunity to grow your career, make money, and have fun doing it.
Task At Hand:
- Oversee and manage the acquisition and sales of Yelp’s reservation and waitlist platforms
- Provide on the floor and in market sales management, inspiration and coaching to a team of Account Executives who are charged with selling our waitlist and reservation software
- Coach, develop and motivate your team of reps to become top achievers and future leaders
- Exceed monthly sales team quotas and successfully complete all activities that drive new business acquisition
- Implement strategic sales training, planning, and forecasting
- Meet and partner in person with top restaurants
- 2+ years of experience effectively developing, managing and leading sales teams
- 2+ years of outside sales management experience within the restaurant technology industry preferred
- Tenacious and thoughtful leader with reputation for emotional intelligence and winning spirit
- Remarkable and consistent track record of success leading a team to exceed revenue goals
- Deep understanding of restaurant reservation and waitlist systems
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to coach, develop and motivate a team
- Experience developing sales plans and analyzing metrics
- Proficient in Salesforce CRM
- Bachelor's degree
- Able to travel to key markets for events/meetings, trainings, develop markets and remote sales executives
- Operates at the highest standard of professionalism in meetings with internal and external clients and stakeholders, in personal presentations, and general interactions
- Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, self directed, and possess high energy
- Must handle confidential information with discretion and maturity
- Personal embodiment of all Yelp values
- Must take initiative and be solution oriented at all timesUnrelenting work ethic
- Critical time management skills and personal judgment
- Exceptional customer service focus combined with exemplary follow-through
- Strong acumen in restaurant industry with prior restaurant experience a plus!
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.