Are you looking to apply heavy analytics and critical thinking skills to support audacious goals at a rapidly growing, mission-oriented company? Are you excited and challenged by the opportunity to have a real impact on people’s lives? If your answer to these questions is yes, we have an amazing position for you.
Springboard is a fast-growing startup, built by a team that is passionate about fixing education and bridging the world’s skills gap. We’ve helped thousands of students learn cutting-edge technical skills like data science, software engineering, and UX design, using a unique approach that involves 1-on-1 mentorship from top industry experts.
Sales Operations’ dual mission is to ensure good student outcomes while enabling growth. The Analytics branch within this function serves as the data powerhouse for the sales organization – doing everything from designing and analyzing KPIs, to identifying opportunities for improvement across the growth funnel (marketing + sales), to building data infrastructure for funnel analysis, to modeling out impact of new features or offerings (e.g., expanding geographic reach of our job guarantee, experimenting with a new landing page, launching a new financing option), to problem-solving directly with GMs and Growth leadership, and more.
As a Senior Associate in the Analytics function, you will report to our Sales Operations Manager. You’ll have the unique opportunity to inform data-driven decisions towards achieving our mission of supporting students from around the world in making better educational choices. Being a member of this team requires a highly analytical background combined with the ability to translate analytics into actionable insights and next steps, and communicating these clearly with sales leadership and top business stakeholders.
- Design and analyze KPIs for all parts of the Sales organization (Inside Sales, Sales Enablement, Sales Ops Support, Sales Ops Campaign Design), as well as for adjacent business units (e.g., University Partnerships, Paid Marketing)
- Build dashboards and report on weekly metrics to keep Sales leadership up to date on the performance of each function within the team.
- Help construct longer-term analytics infrastructure to enable stakeholders to gather insights independently (e.g., Chartio data stores, Google Big Query data warehouses, etc) thru a combination of data engineering, analytics, and working with adjacent teams (e.g., Growth Product, Engineering)
- Run one-off analyses as requested by company leadership (CEO, GMs, VPs of Sales and Marketing) to determine health of the business + success/failure of growth experiments
- Document and maintain a comprehensive ‘source of truth’ of data sources, collection methods, and calculation approaches for key Sales metrics to empower cross-functional team members to quickly and accurately run ad-hoc analyses
- Create data visualizations and presentations to help other parts of the company digest insights from Sales & Admissions
- Suggest course, funnel, or org improvements based on what you find in your analytics work (e.g., de-verticalizing the sales team to enable better speed to lead, creating scheduling for the support team to ensure better coverage, expanding our job guarantee to more geographies, etc)
- Collaborate with the Marketing org to integrate both Sales and Marketing data sources to design, track, and analyze full-funnel growth metrics
- Collaborate with the Tools Administrator to drive lead assignment to sales reps, automate dial campaigns, and enable dynamic scripting
- Help represent the Sales org, as needed, in standups with General Managers and Marketing around growth and funnel performance, and in decision meetings about new course launch growth initiatives (e.g., university partnerships)
- Have 2+ years of experience in a quant-heavy, insight-driven role (e.g., consulting, finance, engineering, data science/analytics) or a quant-heavy advanced degree (e.g., math, finance, engineering, physics, CS, etc)
- Are a master of relational databases and SQL - you can write complex SQL joins in your sleep.
- Are a spreadsheet wizard, proficient in building Microsoft Excel models (or have the ability to quickly learn based on previous experience in a programming language)
- Have excellent communication skills and ability to present insights to company leaders in order to drive business decisions (e.g., you have examples of presentations you’ve made based on analytics you’ve done)
- Are excited to deal with unstructured or imperfect data, and have the ability to extract insights from what you have
- Are looking to help build a team and data infrastructure from the ground up (e.g., if a piece of data doesn’t exist, you will help devise a plan on how to track it and why doing so is important)
- Have fine attention to detail, and double-check the results of your data work because even little discrepancies (e.g., in spend, funnel performance, etc) can have big impacts on business decisions
- Are capable of juggling multiple projects and shifting priorities as needed; you don’t get too attached to getting to the “perfect” answer when something is “good enough” for the business
- Take ownership and are independent (you can take high-level guidance and define an action plan/work plan, prioritize between different ways to tackle work, and think 80/20 about what is most important)
- Are results driven (excited about our mission and the impact of your work) and bring a positive, learning attitude
Bonus points if you have...
- Deep data engineering expertise, and the ability to build/scope integrations between platforms
- Experience within startups or B2C education
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget
, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.