GENIUS is looking for an experienced Sales Planner who has digital (online/mobile) advertising experience, and a proven track record of building and maintaining strong client relationships.
This individual will partner with several with our Account Executive team during the pre-sales phase to provide planning support including but not limited building pitch decks, drafting media plans, providing product recommendations based on client objective, evaluating inventory availability, working directly with clients and communicating creative specs.
The ideal candidate has provided pre-sales support for sales mobile/web advertising campaigns and is familiar with various digital cost structures including CPM, CPC and CPA. The successful candidate wants to move into a sales role themselves. They will be an independent self-starter who has a high level of attention to detail, strong communication skills, a knack for reporting and interest in both Excel and PowerPoint, and the capability to interpret data in order to provide suggestions for campaign renewal.
- Support 2+ Account Executives with all aspects of the pre-sales support process
- Understand client objectives and partner with Account Executive to make data-driven ad product recommendations for upcoming media buys
- Play an active role in internal brainstorm sessions
- Participate/lead client-facing phone calls and meetings related to media buys
- Pull and communicate accurate inventory forecasts using internal tools
- Pull and analyze research requests using various methods
- Accurately complete spec sheets and communicate using agency templates
- Create strategic result-focused media plans and decks to increase sales and drive revenue
- Plan orders in order management system
- Partner with Account Managers to review campaign performance and key findings
- Develop mid-campaign reports and pitches to win incremental budget or renewals
- Create/update Sales collateral
- 2+ years’ experience in planning or buying
- Experience with media negotiation and order management systems
- Experience with online/mobile ad serving platforms (DART for Publishers (DFP) a plus)
- Experience with online/mobile advertising with digital publishers and multiple sales channels a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM systems (SalesForce a plus)
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently but must be a team player
- Must love music!