BuildZoom is the leading marketplace for remodeling and construction services. This year, we will connect over 150,000 contracting professionals with over $2B in remodeling and construction contracts and we’re growing nearly 100% each year. Our customer satisfaction ratings are the highest in the industry, and our investors include some of Silicon Valley’s most prominent names, including Y Combinator, 8VC and Founders Fund.
While the old school way of doing things involved charging contractors for every lead, BuildZoom partners with the best contractors in the US and takes a small referral fee only when they actually win their project. This collaborative model has allowed us to create a large and loyal network of the best contracting professionals in the US today. We are looking for ambitious, energetic, and entrepreneurial individuals who thrive in fast-paced environments to help expand our network of highly engaged contracting professionals.
We are now hiring for our awesome sales team!
This is an ideal role for someone looking for an entry level position, the opportunity to work as a sales representative, and exposure to customer service in the construction industry. Opportunities for career advancement are available.
In this role, you'll:
- Use our proprietary technology to identify the best contractors in each market and reach out to them to join our network
- Gradually cultivate your own network of construction professionals in a target region and ensure they have the knowledge and tools needed to achieve optimal success on BuildZoom
- Identify opportunities to sell value-add services to contractors
- Collaborate with your peers on the Project Consulting team (which works to build relationships with property owners) to ensure we’re connecting the right clients with the right contractors
- Track the performance of all contractors on the BuildZoom platform
- Work closely with our Product and Engineering teams, providing them with critical feedback on how to make BuildZoom more valuable for your clients
- Serve as an advocate for your contractor network when it comes to product and strategic planning
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree
- Proven sales experience (top recent grads are also encouraged to apply)
- Highly motivated, driven, and self-starting individual with a positive attitude
- Have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to be the voice of BuildZoom
- Have a strong phone presence and experience taking dozens of calls per day
- Be excited by the prospect of making an impact at a tech startup and growing with our company!
- Have interest in the real estate, construction, or remodeling industry
- Please apply online and/or send us your resume and LinkedIn profile to [email protected]
- Our interview process includes 1-2 phone screens, an in person interview and reference checks
- Be prepared to speak in detail about your interest in BuildZoom, your experience and specific accomplishments, and to participate in a live exercise that will gauge your qualifications for this role