We're a web and mobile product development consultancy based in Baltimore, MD. We’re a progressive and inclusive company that is on a constant mission to improve our business processes and operations. You’ll always be learning and surrounded by smart people.
We have an opening for a Sales Engineer. A software engineer who will manage the execution of our sales process — taking sales leads to a successful close — but who will also perform billable work directly on client engagements.
We need somebody that’s sharp, ambitious, has demonstrated experience writing winning proposals, extensive software development experience, and who has business acumen. The ideal candidate will be a highly-organized individual that genuinely enjoys both sales and software development.
Sales Engineers report to Yair, the President.
Your responsibilities will be twofold:
- Manage Our Sales Process: you will be responsible for managing the execution of our sales process so as to close new sales opportunities. In this role you will be expected to schedule meetings with prospective clients, work with our staff to prepare estimates, create SOW’s, and complete any other tasks that would be required to prepare a winning proposal.
- Perform Billable Work: you will work side-by-side with our engineering team on client engagements. Please review our Developer role for more expectations of software engineers at SmartLogic.
In addition to all of the requirements of a developer at SmartLogic the ideal candidate for this position will have a background in the following:
- Experience with solution sales: we are a custom software development firm working with clients that have a range of needs. Our proposed solutions are complex and typically require multiple meetings before they can be distilled into a simple solution and proposal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication: as you will be responsible for preparing and delivering our proposals, it is imperative that you have excellent command of the English language.
- Attention to detail: the nature of the position requires you to be meticulous in your review of documents, communication, software, etc.
- Extremely well-organized: we are an organized company and the nature of this position will require that you simultaneously manage multiple sales opportunities and multiple client engagements. Successful candidates must be well-organized and have a natural disposition for developing, leveraging, and using systems and processes.
- The basics: We offer competitive pay, medical insurance, and paid vacation.
- Flexible office hours and work from home opportunities: Our core office hours are from 10am to 3:30pm. We work remotely on Fridays.
- Office food and snacks: We have a grocery budget and we provide company lunch once a week.
- Engage with your community: SmartLogic is known for sponsoring many community events. We try to be good stewards of the community. Have ideas of what you’d like the company to support? We’re all ears.
- World class software developers and designers: We pride ourselves on being discerning and selective with respect to whom we hire. This ensures that our brand and the quality of work we produce is of the highest quality. Furthermore, this fosters an environment that allows everyone on the team to continue to learn and develop professionally.
- Work in a great environment: We’re dedicated to providing office space that’s aesthetically and intellectually pleasing. We’re currently located in an office with several windows in Canton, where we are surrounded by other tech and interesting companies.