What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
The Sales Support Team provides operational support for all sales channels, enabling them to focus on providing solutions to more small businesses. We work cross functionally with all departments to make sure that our customers get the best experience, and that no opportunity is left unfulfilled. Our work is relationship driven, but operationally minded. Our goal is to remove any task from our sales team that doesn’t include speaking with a merchant.
As a Sales Support Specialist, you will:
- Be a self-starter and be able to work independently
- Be both strategically minded and detail oriented
- Proactively identify customer needs and creates novel solutions to problems
- Anticipate problems and see how both the problem and its solution will impact both the short and long-term interests of customers
- Demonstrate an ability to listen and efficiently communicate information in all situations
- Respond to customer requests in a timely manner and takes personal responsibility to resolve requests while minimizing impact to the customer and maintaining the customer experience
- Remain open minded and forms opinions on the basis of the information at hand, while maintaining adaptability for the unforeseen
- Build a front-line understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing the sales and merchants to build a "connect the dots" ability critical to effective leadership at OnDeck
- Develop cross-functional relationships
- Have strong knowledge of OnDeck Loan Operations processes and Credit Policy
- Willing to assist in special projects relating to our loan process
Qualifications for Success:
- You hold a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- You have 2-4 years of general business experience
- You are self-motivated, driven to work hard in a fast-paced, dynamic sales environment
- You are flexible and adaptable to immediate or unforeseen challenges and able to be persist while building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders
- You possess highly effective verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks to ensure effective and timely follow-up
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Prior CRM experience-preferably Salesforce.com
What we offer you:
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- A workplace full of bright, interesting, enthusiastic colleagues
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching program, flex spending plan and life insurance
- Paid/flexible vacations and holidays
- Summer & Holiday events with the entire office!
- Happy hour every Wednesday
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Financial Times Most Innovative In-House Legal Teams, 2015
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work - 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**