Synthego is a genome engineering innovation company. Our automated, full-stack genome engineering platform enables broader access to CRISPR to accelerate basic scientific discovery, uncover cures for diseases and develop novel synthetic biology applications to improve and prolong life.
We are looking for a Salesforce/Apex Developer to help build our next generation of commerce tools. The Commercial Software team supports every part of the customer journey with Synthego -- landing pages, product pages, design tools, checkout funnels, and custom integrations with our internal systems and third-party software, including Salesforce.
This role will work with colleagues from Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, Sales Operations and Finance to build and optimize the ordering experience, developing high-value features that support business objectives and delight our customers.
To be successful in this role, you must be proficient in the following:
- Salesforce platform development
- Apex object-oriented programming
- Salesforce Object Query Language
- Data modeling, management, and security
- Lightning framework
What You'll Do
- Build and customize our Salesforce order management system, and integrate it with internal and 3rd-party applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features for our website and store, customer-facing workflows, products and internal tools.
- Build a storefront experience that delights customers and extends Synthego’s brand and value proposition.
- Build clean, scalable, secure code that solves problems for today and tomorrow.
- Support engineering colleagues and thoughtfully review code.
- Troubleshoot customer problems, address issues, and answer questions from internal teams.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of professional experience developing Salesforce applications, including:Apex, Flows, Controllers, Triggers, Process Builder, Web Services, SOQL.
- 2+ years of professional experience developing web applications, preferably:
- Back-end development with Python and Django.
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- You are eager to solve unique e-commerce problems in the biotech space.
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
- You are comfortable communicating with internal customers, technical teams and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, demo work in progress and provide project updates.
- You have the drive and focus to get challenging projects over the finish line, and you are comfortable advocating for what you need to do your best work.
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
Nice to Haves
- Experience integrating Salesforce with Netsuite.
- Experience with large-scale e-commerce.
- Experience working with microservices.
- Experience with agile tools like JIRA, Confluence and GitHub.
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.