Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
What's the role?
As a Salesforce Engineer who specializes in Sales and Marketing Clouds respectively, you will be responsible for enhancing and supporting our Voice of Customer initiative which leverages Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud along with our surveying tool Qualtrics.
You will develop integrations between our platforms to deliver new capabilities to our VoC project, focusing on sustainably excellent engineering. You will work closely with our experienced Enterprise Technology Customer Platforms team across the Salesforce platform, as well as work closely with our Xero Customer teams.
You’ll foster a positive team culture, provide technical guidance and develop in accordance with Salesforce best practices and standards.
How you'll make an impact
You’ll work in collaboration with other team members to help create and deliver beautiful software to our customers.
You’ll undertake software application development on applications in our suite of Products (including new ones), contributing to new or improved experiences for our customers, internal and external.You’ll contribute to our cross functional environment by working towards the same objectives, using modern principles and practices.
You'll help build and manage software that solves engineering problems at scale. You will be enabled to seek clarity with technical complexities and be able to demonstrate smart ways to automate.
What you'll do
Create software - Care deeply about customer problems and technical excellence, produce robust high quality and scalable software. Relentlessly automate any manual processes. Contribute to technical solution designs that embrace a quality-first approach. Participate in code reviews.
Test software - Design and automate testing activities that effectively reveal product quality across a range of risk areas and acceptance criteria. Collaborate with the team and understand their own responsibility for quality.
Resolve issues - Triage and solve development and production issues, and be able to quickly track down the root cause. Communicate the impact of the problem to stakeholders in terms of business value, helping to set a priority for the resolution. Actively participate in incident responses.
Engineering standards & frameworks - Maintain knowledge of Xero’s current and emerging engineering standards and practices. Develop and deploy software that meets Xero's standards.
Continuous improvement - Maintain knowledge of current and emerging development technologies and methodologies. Develop expertise in one or more programming languages and ecosystem specific technologies.
Deliver infrastructure in a production environment - Maintain and monitor delivery processes. Ensure all software is running as expected and proactively work to prevent customer facing problems.
Agile software and delivery practices - Practice agile software development. Occasionally facilitate agile ceremonies. Proactively work to improve team processes.
What you'll bring
- 2+ years hands-on experience as a developer or Engineer with Salesforce Sales Cloud or Marketing Cloud, with relevant certifications.
- Experience with 3rd party Salesforce applications.
- Experience with integrations between Salesforce and 3rd party applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce setup and declarative configuration including security and sharing, object creation and definition, automation tools and validation.
- Hold some of the following certifications: Marketing Cloud Developer, Marketing Cloud Consultant, Sales Cloud Consultant, Platform Developer 1, Platform App Builder or other relevant certifications.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) industry experience is preferred.
- Ability to debug across the technology stack.
- Confident in upgrading tooling and technology underlying products.
- Proficient in roll out and maintenance of cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to implement resilient software design patterns.
- Ability to maintain, update and document team APIs.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.