At SiteMinder we believe the individual contributions of our employees are what drive our success. That’s why we hire and encourage diverse teams that include and respect a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Our diverse and inclusive culture enables our employees to bring their unique selves to work and be proud of doing so. It’s in our differences that we will keep revolutionising the way for our customers. We are better together!
What We Do…
We’re people who love technology but know that hoteliers just want things to be simple. So since 2006 we’ve been constantly innovating our world-leading hotel commerce platform to help accommodation owners find and book more guests online - quickly and simply.
We’ve helped everyone from boutique hotels to big chains, enabling travellers to book igloos, cabins, castles, holiday parks, campsites, pubs, resorts, Airbnbs, and everything in between.
And today, we’re the world’s leading open hotel commerce platform, supporting 40,000 hotels in 150 countries - with over 100 million reservations processed by SiteMinder’s technology every year.
About the Salesforce Developer role...
The Salesforce team at Siteminder is a very critical function with a wider reach within the organisation. We are the heart of the operations function and serve majority of the internal users
We have got development and admin capacity in Sydney and Manila and India
We are looking for technically strong developers with a can-do attitude who can build exciting solutions in the Salesforce platform and who are looking to learn from senior salesforce team members.
The Salesforce Developer is a well regarded role in the Business Operations team who is expected to be technically savvy in both Declarative and Coding principles.
As a Salesforce Developer, you will be working on a continuous release cycle and will work on critical major and minor requirements that will add significant value to the Business. You will also be responsible to work on any Production incidents that might arise
You will typically be spending 60-70% of your time on new requirements which will be part of the continuous release cycles. You will spend remaining approx 30% on Incidents (production issues with code)
Salesforce Developer is expected to be expert in Lightning experienced in Classic and Lightning framework (Aura and LWC) and is equipped to drive the organisation towards lightning.
This job is all about…
- Work collaboratively within the current Agile delivery construct and be responsible for the release candidates. This might involve coding and/or complex declarative solutions.
- Understand requirements, seek clarifications, design solutions for the enhancements and get it reviewed with the Senior folksBuild, test and deploy solutions either independently or working collaboratively with the teamSupport QA team to fix defects
- Effectively use the code branching and version control practices defined during every release
- Participate in Release planning ceremonies and be responsible for technical documentation and communication of release candidates
- Effectively communicate his/her task status and the offshore team’s status as required
- Collaboratively own the platform and be responsible to cater to BAU production issues pertaining to code
- Own the Incident, Perform impact analysis and remediation actions required to accommodate Salesforce releases
- Identify technical optimisation areas proactively and own the remediation activities.
People who are successful in this role...
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Salesforce Development and expertise across Sales, Service and Community clouds
- Salesforce Platform Developer 1, Platform Developer 2 and Platform App builder certification will be advantageous.
- Experience working in Sales cloud is a MUST
- Must have experience in Production support and delivering enhancementsAt least 3 years experience in Apex and Aura framework is Must
- 6 months+ experience in LWC will be highly preferred
- Knowledge and experience in visualforce is a big plus
- At least 3 years experience in Declarative practices including but not limited to process builders, workflows, validation rules, assignment rules is mandatory
- Experience in Lightning Flows will be highly regarded
- Experience in working on Continuous release cycles and supporting a production instance (for Incidents) is mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical designs and identifying technical tasks to address the requirements
- Experienced in using/implementing version control, effective sandbox management and deployments using automated CI/CD tools, DX, Eclipse Force.com IDE and Change sets
- Trailhead Ranger and a fan of continual learning
- Candidate will be exclusive on Releases(70% - New enhancements and Change requests) and Incidents (30% - Production incidents)
Our Perks & Benefits…
- Equity packages for you to be a part of the SiteMinder journey
- Fully remote
- Mental health and well-being initiatives
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Paid birthday, study and volunteering leave every year
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to help you connect and get involved
- Investment in your personal growth offering training for your advancement
Does this job sound like you? If yes, we'd love for you to be part of our team! Please send a copy of your resume and our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any adjustments you may need during the interview process. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.