At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI and robotics. We are seeking a Scala/ Java - Senior Developer at our office in Berlin.
Our main goal is to create distributed fault-tolerant middleware. This will coordinate all the robotic operations in the factory, from the interaction between a robotic arm and various sensors to the projection of requirements onto the real distributed sequence of actions performed by robots.
We use cutting-edge technologies and approaches: Scala/Akka, Apache Ignite, Apache Spark, and Akka Streams. For data analysis, the team has an entirely free choice of methods and tools. Research and development are ongoing: nothing is written in stone yet, so you can influence our decisions and the technologies we use.
- Blackboard – storage, based on modern in-memory approaches.
- A multi-agent system for managing operations.
- A knowledge base of technological operations with declarative semantics.
- Rules engine-based system for algorithm selection.Factory monitoring tools (Complex Event Processing).
As part of the team, you'll be creating a new core technology for all Arrival projects and for the industry as a whole.
- Proficiency with Java or Scala Core (3+ years).
- Strong knowledge of SQL (2+ years).
- Extensive experience of enterprise development (2+ years).
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with Git/Maven.
- Fluent English.
We'd love it if you have
- Experience in Akka, GridGain/Ignite, Hadoop/Spark.
- Understanding of the principles of distributed systems.
- Knowledge of multi-agent systems.
- Basic knowledge of rules engines.
- Experience of building high-load systems.
- Experience with Linux (as a power user).
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.