We are looking for an autonomous vehicle scenario specialist who will drive the creation of simulation test scenarios used in Applied's suite of tools. In this technical and operational role, you will be responsible for developing relevant scenarios to add to our library, maintaining and curating existing scenario sets, and perfecting the application of advanced features and metrics within scenarios. This is a highly visible and collaborative role, where you will partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders in Product, Engineering, and Sales.
- Design scenarios across a variety of operating domains showcasing the capabilities of Applied's simulation tools
- Define and implement safety and comfort performance requirements for scenarios
- Create data visualizations and reports for understanding AV performance and coverage
- Work closely with our product teams while using and providing feedback on core simulation functionality and usability
- Support customer teams in defining and building scenario libraries relevant for their specific operational design domains
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year university
- 1+ years of experience in scenario creation and simulation testing for autonomous vehicles
- Understanding of the safety verification and validation process for vehicle software
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to code in a scripting language (e.g. Python) to automate workflows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about developing comprehensive safety arguments for autonomous systems
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.