Quanergy is building intelligent software solutions that use our LiDAR 3D sensor data to perceive the world around us. We are looking for a motivated engineer to analyze and improve the perception/scientific algorithms that are at the core of these solutions.
As part of the software team, you will contribute to the analysis and development of our imaging/vision software products. Responsibilities will include:
- Learn the pipeline of algorithmic modules that make up the software.
- Develop performance metrics to quantify software performance.
- Identify issues with perception performance of software.
- Perform "deep dive" analysis into issues and identify possible solutions; prepare analysis reports.
- Prototype algorithm improvements in the form of scientific code, and run tests to verify improvement gain.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- PHD from a Canadian University within the past 5 years, in the fields of Imaging, Computer Vision, or similar.
- 3+ years experience with analysis and algorithm development for imaging/vision with 3D sensors (preferably LiDAR)..
- Experience in Python, Matlab, or other suitable lanuage for scientific prototype development.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Excellent teamwork and written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience with PCL, OpenCV, or other computer-vision libraries.
- Experience in C++ programming and debugging.
- Familiarity with ROS.
- Practical experience with version control (preferably Git).
- Experience with task management systems (e.g. JIRA) and documentation systems (e.g. Confluence).