Works with Scrum Team to ensure scrum best practices are followed from the initiation through delivery of IT projects. Serves as a liaison between the product owner and development team to ensure requirements are delivered and key milestones are met. Facilitates the management of the product backlog and coordinates with other Scrum Masters to identify and manage cross-team dependencies. Closely tracks and monitors the scrum team’s deliverable and reports metrics at the iteration and project levels. Facilitates meetings for backlog refinement, iteration review and planning. Removes impediments impacting the team’s ability to meet their commitment.
What else you’ll be doing?
- Mentoring and coaching Scrum team to instill agile values and principles and lead by example
- Facilitating productivity by removing impediments team will encounter, mediating through conflicts, helping team to make decisions and adhering to continues improvement principles– Supporting and educating Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Keeping Scrum process on track and passing it to the team as self-organization matures– Helping team adhere to the best engineering practices and makes sure everybody understand technical debt concept
- Leveraging data to measuring & monitoring progress– Ensure agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, should be able to be a voice of reason and authority
The ideal candidate:
- Has agile mindset, understands what’s behind agile values and principles– Understands Scrum framework very well and understands values that each artifact/role/event brings
- Has experience in the Scrum Master role for at least five years– Should be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Software development background is a plus– Is capable of completing independently diverse/complex work with minimal direction, diverse interactions, and knowledge resource
- Is creative, innovative and motivated to continually learn about Agile and Scrum– Has excellent communication skills, written and verbal, strong team player– Has experience working with global teams
- Desires to be part of an elite and growing software development team– Drive to get things done, takes ownership, positive attitude
- Understanding of modern software development practices: continuous integration, continuous delivery, Lean methodologies
RequirementsA minimum of 2-3 years as a Scrum Master experience in IT industry is required.Must have strong understanding of the software development life cycle and have a proven track record as the Scrum Master for multiple teams delivering complex technical projects.Experience creating release plans using agile best practices. Ability to coach and provide direction to team in the initial stages of adopting scrum methodologies.Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.Experience using Agile Tools to manage backlog and track iterations, experience with Jira is required.JIRA Administration ExpertiseBachelors DegreeScrum Master Certification is required.
- This is a full-time position with full benefits.