Our Technology team is one of the best in the business and is the fuel behind Adthena’s platform. From patented machine learning methods, to developing an award-winning application, our Technology team is continuously innovating and enabling technology to solve real problems for our customers. We are looking for a proficient Scrum Master who is excited about working with some of the most talented engineers in the industry to build amazing technologies and develop their career to be the best at what they do.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Scrum Master certified (CSM, CSP) with knowledge of other Agile approaches (XP, Kanban, FDD, LeSS, SAFe)
- Seasoned Scrum Master leading multiple teams within a fast paced environment
- Commercial experience improving delivery standards and processes within an Agile development team
- Excellent experience using ticket management tools (JIRA) and agile techniques (Agile Games)
- Proficient at managing teams to fixed timelines, tracking burndown and expedite sprint delivery
- Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and software engineering practices (TDD, BDD)
- Analytical and logical thinking with the ability to bring ideas forward and adapt solutions to complex engineering/testing challenges
- Natural leader with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Lead squads as Scrum Master to establish a delivery rhythm by agreeing priorities, managing dependencies and removing impediments
- Drive squads to accomplish their goals and to sustain high individual and team performance
- Assessing the Agile maturity of the squads and coaching them to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the squads and organisation
- Ensure squads follows good practices for agile delivery, including handling risks, issues, assumptions, sequencing and interdependencies.
- Focus on delivery excellence through a data driven approach to planning, improvement and value
- Accurately track and report key sprint metrics e.g., burn down, burn up charts, release milestones
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including product, design and marketing to ensure effective roadmap planning and delivery
- Take ownership and pride in the products we build and always make sure they are of highest standard
- Contribute to Adthena’s engineering culture and help living our core values
- Be empathetic towards team members and customers
Technologies We Use at Adthena across our Technology Teams
Frameworks: DropWizard, React and Play Framework (Scala)
Databases: PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift, Redis
Technologies: RabbitMQ (messaging), Quartz scheduling, Docker and Kubernetes, Maven
Source Control: Git (GitHub)
Other Tools: IntelliJ IDEA, Jira, Grafana
About the Application Team
Athena's Technology team is a market leader in developing Competitive Intelligence for AdTech Search. Our Application team(s) develop un-parallel technologies that help our clients understand their paid and organic search landscape and improve campaign performance. We are an empathetic group of engineers making a career out of building great software for our customers.
As a Scrum Master, you will be at the forefront of delivery excellence by leading multiple Scrum teams; so a real passion for Agile delivery, working closely with Engineers, Designers, Testers and Product Managers to ensure the best possible outcome is something that we really value. You will have a data driven approach to improvement and will lead cross-functional teams to deliver user-centric solutions to our customers. You will proactively communicate by providing feedback/recommendations to teams on delivery progress, performance and areas of improvement. You will focus on removing impediments and add value by improving team’s velocity, process and culture. Being a key member of the Application team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other like-minded Agilists who are at the forefront of repeatable, data driven product delivery within a world class team. Together you will continuously evolve our Agile practices and and become an expert in implementing delivery frameworks and managing delivery platforms.
We strive to provide the best experience and value to our users/customers, so we focus on continuous innovation, delivery and feedback. Our engineering culture is underpinned by sharing knowledge, coaching and growing together. You will have the opportunity to explore/innovate new technologies, mentor engineers and lead Technology initiatives. You will enjoy this role if you love solving problems and winning as a team.
Adthena’s mission is a world of search transparency where precise ads connect marketers to consumers. This statement is key to our ethos here at Adthena and is backed by our Whole Market View technology, a dynamic, AI-driven, data model that is unique for each advertiser, representing their entire relevant search landscape. Powered by our patented machine learning technology, Whole Market View provides the comprehensive data scope and quality required by the world’s leading advertisers to precisely assess competitive opportunities at scale across their entire market, without limitations. We index information hourly, processing over 10TB of new data, 500 million adverts and 200 million keywords across 15 different languages each day. The segmented data is presented in an intuitive format, helping digital marketers to understand their landscape and acquire more customers. The technology has also won a number of awards for its ease of use and value added to clients including: Best Search Software Tool at the UK Search Awards 2016, Technical Innovation of the Year at the Drum Search Awards 2017, Best Search Technology of the Year at the Biddable Media Awards 2017 and Best Tech Platform at the DADI awards 2017. Adthena was founded by Ian O’Rourke and is backed by Mel Morris, the entrepreneur behind Candy Crush and former chairman of King.com
A world of search transparency where precise ads connect marketers to consumers
Empower marketers to optimally reach, acquire, and retain consumers with unique data-driven search intelligence.
Deliver Remarkable Quality
Get Shit Done!
Freedom with Responsibility
Smart and Always Improving
Things that make Adthena Unique
Machine-Learned Whole Market View
AI-Driven Data Segmentation
Automated trend detection & monitoring technology
Built for Client Value and Outcomes
World Class Customer Success