Lucidworks is leading digital transformation for some of the world's biggest retailers, financial services firms, manufacturers, and B2B commerce organizations. We believe that the core to a great digital experience starts with search and browse. Our Deep Learning technology captures user behavior and utilizes machine learning to connect people with the products, content, and information they need. Brands including Crate & Barrel, Lenovo, Red Hat, and Cisco Systems rely on Lucidworks' suite of products to power commerce, customer service, and workplace applications that delight customers and empower employees. Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way.
About the Team
The technical support team leverages their extensive experience supporting large-scale Solr clusters and the Lucene/Solr ecosystem. Their day might include troubleshooting errors and attempting to fix or develop workarounds, diagnosing network and environmental issues, learning your customer's infrastructure and technologies, as well as reproducing bugs and opening Jira tickets for the engineering team. Their primary tasks are break/fix scenarios where the diagnostics quickly bring network assets back online and prevent future problems--which has a huge impact on our customers’ business.
About the Role
We’re looking for a support engineer with a wide range of technical abilities to own communication with customers to gather data about the problems they are facing, as well as working with the engineering team and vendors to perform root cause analysis (RCA) and, ultimately, resolutions. This means continuous contact with the customer and a high level of attentiveness to their needs and priorities.
This role balances technical depth with empathy for the customer’s needs and a drive to continually improve the products and ensure an excellent customer experience. You are the first line in our Customer Success team to help our users.
You are a curious-minded, natural problem solver who plays well with others and cares about the work, the team, and the customers. You are able to work collaboratively with a diverse community of personalities spread across multiple time zones, leveraging your excellent communication skills to make sure everyone is on the same page. You leverage all of your technical and people skills to become a trusted advisor for your clients and customers, both internal and external.
Apache Lucene/Solr, ZooKeeper, Spark, and Pulsar
Java, Python, Linux, Kubernetes
This is a remote role and will remain remote.
This role is expected to participate in weekend on-call rotations.
- Field incoming questions, help users configure Lucidworks Fusion and its components and help them to understand how to use the features of the product
- Troubleshoot complex search issues in and around Lucene/Solr
- Document solutions into knowledge base articles for use by our customer base in our knowledge center
- Identify opportunities to provide customers with additional value through follow-on products and/or services
- Communicate high-value use cases and customer feedback to our Product Development and Engineering teams
- Contribute to the open source community by donating needed bug fixes and improvements, answering message boards, documenting existing code, etc
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Lucene/Solr or other search technologies required
- BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
- 3+ years professional experience in a customer facing level 2-3 tech support role
- Experience with technical support CRM systems (Salesforce, Zendesk etc.)
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers by email and phone
- Knowledge of Java and common scripting languages (Perl/Python/Ruby)
- Knowledge of Unix, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, data science, and machine learning concepts
Bonus points for:
- Exposure to other related open source projects (Mahout, Hadoop, Tika, etc.) and commercial search technologies
- Enterprise Search, eCommerce, and/or Business Intelligence experience
- Startup experience
Lucidworks’ salary range for this position is 15,20,000 - 2,132,246 LPA. This salary range may include multiple levels. Your level is based on our assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask the hiring manager about to understand in more detail. Salary is just one component of Lucidworks’ total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package includes (but is not limited to) discretionary variable bonus, equity, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, a variety of voluntary benefits, generous PTO policy, various leave policies, and many other region-specific benefits.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.
Note to third party recruiters:
We appreciate your interest in our job opportunities. However, we kindly request that third-party recruiters and staffing agencies refrain from contacting us regarding these positions. We prefer to work directly with candidates and do not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate referrals from third-party recruiters or agencies. Unsolicited resumes and referrals will become the property of Lucidworks, and no fee will be paid should we hire a candidate whose resume was sent unsolicited.