About the Job
The Walmart.com Search team assists in providing the best shopping experience to the Walmart.com consumer. This team is responsible for the performance of Walmart.com’s internal search engine. With millions of new & unique searches per month – and growing – we strive to continuously improve search relevancy and the speed in which we return those results by identifying “bad” searches and improving them via manual intervention and feature development. The Search Product Operations Manager will continuously monitor inbound search queries, volume, and relevancy to suggest & implement tactics we can leverage to improve these “bad” queries.
- Collaborate with technical teams to implement new search and catalog features and correct any defects that are discovered.
- Collaborate / communicate with category specialists / GMs on training, coaching, and support
- Make ongoing recommendations to resolve issues in product content, search ranking, item boosting / pinning, product classification & normalization, and taxonomy.
- Identify and create query/index override rules as needed.
- Manage lists of synonyms, spell check, item / facet inclusions and exclusions.
- Understand and troubleshoot basic technical issues with search results.
- Track and analyze search bugs and problematic queries
- Monitor and improve search performance / quality across Walmart.com platforms.
- Ensure relevant, accurate search results
- Analyze website data, content, and customer feedack to reduce number of searches with no relevant results.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses as required.
About the Ideal Candidate
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with R or Python not required but a plus.
- Experience with and knowledge of Search Platform (like Elasticsearch or Apache Solr) and Natural Language Processing is not required but is a big plus.
- Bachelor degree or higher.