Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we’re looking for a talented and motivated Security Architect to join our growing team in the San Francisco office.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Be an owner as you architect and build our infrastructure security technologies. The outcome of your work will protect transactions worth billions of dollars
- Network Security – Responsible for working with IT/ DevOps teams to architect and manage network security including firewalls, IDS, IPS, network security tools etc.
- Endpoint Security – Responsible for working with IT/ DevOps teams to protect endpoint security including technologies such as endpoint security platforms, DLP, encryption etc.
- Cloud Security – Securing VPC’s and designing security architecture for the implementations. Technologies to monitor and enforce policies on cloud instances and adoption of cloud services.
- Patch Management - a) performing security impact analysis for the patches and vulnerabilities published by vendors and other security research sites for different platforms (Operating Systems, Web Servers and Network devices) b) Defining priority for the patch rollout c) Ensuring that the patches are rolled out in a timely manner d) Scanning the systems and other platforms to validate that the patches are applied and following up with various teams to address any gaps.
- Security Tools & Technologies – Work on the latest security tools and technologies to ensure the changing threat landscape is addressed appropriately. Performing proof of concept of latest technologies and adopting them as necessary.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Passion for identifying and deploying infrastructure security technologies from scratch
- 7-10 years’ experience in information security. Experience architecting Security solutions across large organizations / business units is desired.
- CISSP and CCIE are required
Gusto offers payroll, benefits, and workers’ compensation to small businesses across the United States, from bike shops in Virginia to tech startups in San Francisco. Our investors include top venture capital firms like Google Capital and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, plus the founders of Instagram, Stripe, and more. To learn more about our values, benefits, and life at Gusto, visit gusto.com/careers.