Airtable's mission is to enable anyone to create software. Users can only create fearlessly when they trust that their data is safe with us. Therefore, security is built into everything we do: product design, feature development, architecture, operations, and customer support. Our goal in this role is to build a detection platform to detect and respond to threats facing our infrastructure, customers and employees.
We think through problems from first principles, and work with the whole company to build proactive logging and detections to deliver trustworthy systems that serve users and operators correctly in the face of hostile action.
What you'd do
- Develop and maintain security infrastructure for our corporate and production environments.
- Build and maintain automation pipelines to help threat detection, incident response, vulnerability management, and abuse.
- Deploy and maintain our security log aggregation and detection system (SIEM).
- Work with Engineering, Infrastructure, Security, IT and Compliance teams to ensure we have the right tools, deployed in the right place in a robust and maintainable manner.
Who you are
- You have multiple years of relevant technical experience, including significant experience with site reliability, developer productivity or devops, or server infrastructure engineering.
- You can write clear, correct code in at least one programming language, and are willing to become effective in others as needed to get your job done (coding is an integral part of the role and interview process).
- You have in-depth knowledge on log-aggregation from deployment to maintenance (including performance, log parsing, health monitoring and data normalization).
- You strive to automate yourself out of your current challenge to focus on your next challenge.
- Experience designing data retention using techniques and retention management (hot\cold storage).
- In-depth knowledge on a few of the production technologies we use (or are planning to use) including AWS (CloudFormation, EC2), Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Chef
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.