The Security Engineer, Cyber Security, assists the Manager, Security Engineering, implementing and operating various cybersecurity controls for the league-wide cybersecurity program.
- Apply and obey applicable statutes, laws, regulations, and internal policies, act with integrity and respect.
- Administer security policy on various out of bound and inline network security systems for Major League Baseball.
- Help install security solutions across the league that prevent security incidents and improve availability and integrity across wired, wireless, and virtual networks.
- Create playbooks for security procedures, document security configurations, and research and communicate best practices to MLB and its Clubs.
- Assess requested security policy changes, process firewall change requests, update URL/DNS (block) lists as needed.
- Test production readiness of new security capabilities and feature upgrades in inline network security products.
- Provide technical support needed to establish security requirements for new and existing data centers and offices. Provide network security feedback on proposed network architecture and infrastructure decisions.
- Proactively analyze network security risk and actionable remediation steps. Effectively communicate results to different audience types.
- Help develop and communicate plans for investing in new security solutions, including identifying cost reduction opportunities. Handle POC requirements, technical evaluation, and play a part in the security program maturity, taking a new security product from proof of concept to production.
- Remain current with relevant MITRE ATT&CK adversary tactics and techniques to identify threats during escalated security incidents. Stay apprised of relevant news and trends in the Information Security industry and share with the team.
- Ability to execute tasks with high accuracy and thoroughness, maintain confidentiality while dealing with sensitive information
- Completed a Master's or Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts, including topology, IP networking, protocols, components, and principles. (e.g., L2 switching protocols, L3 routing protocols, BGP)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to audiences at different levels.
- Skilled in configuring and utilizing network protection components. (e.g., Firewalls, VPNs, IDS/IPS, XDR, EAP-TLS/PKI, SOAR)
- Skilled in protecting a network against malware and relevant threats. (e.g., IPS, anti-malware, restrict/prevent external devices, spam filters)
- Obtained relevant Palo Alto Networks certifications. (e.g., PCNSE, PCSAE, etc.) or can prove equal skills during an interview.
- Proficient in scripting and declarative languages is a plus. (e.g., Bash, GO, Python, HashiCorp Configuration Language HCL)
- Experience configuring email security platforms is a plus. (e.g., Abnormal, Barracuda, Google Workspace, Material, Mimecast, Microsoft O365, ProofPoint)
- Experience with private and public cloud providers is a plus. (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP, Nutanix, OCI, VMWare)
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
Major League Baseball is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.