Sora is the virtual private middle and high school turning today’s students into tomorrow’s change-makers. We are a full-time school program accredited by Cognia, WASC, and approved by the NCAA.
About Sora Schools
Our mission is simple: build the replacement to the broken U.S. education system. No compromises, no reform. Most schools continue to do the same things they’ve always done: making students memorize content, test them, score them, and rank them. Unsurprisingly, students are losing their creativity and motivation, and are utterly unprepared to succeed in the real world.
In our virtual program, middle and high school students work on passion-based projects that they get to create and take wherever they wish. They don’t spend their school hours attending lecture-based classes and don’t read many traditional textbooks — instead, they’re building video games, writing fantasy novels, conducting scientific research, and more! They connect with industry mentors to expose them to new careers and fields of study. Students learn not only the full breadth of academic subjects but also important soft skills and subjects such as financial literacy, philosophy, and more. Our school is organized in small, tight-knit cohorts so every group of students and faculty can feel close and engaged in their community. We’ve embarked on our journey to accelerate students toward their wildest dreams. We can’t wait for you to join us!
About the Role
As the SEM Manager your goal is to build, scale and optimize our paid search ad channels and continuously improve KPIs like CPA/CPL. To ensure high conversions you will be responsible for landing pages and A/B testing with our CMS to continuously improve our campaign performance.
Salary and Location
Sora offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment with colleagues who deeply care about our mission. We’re fully remote with members living around the world, and believe in flexibility to ensure we can all live a full and balanced life. This is a fully remote position (located anywhere in the US), but to meet with other team members working around the same topics, candidates based in NYC is considered a plus.
This position has a salary range of 75-95K based on experience, plus a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a retirement plan with company matching, and generous Paid Time Off. We’re excited to build a team with diverse perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage candidates to apply even if they don’t have experience in all the following areas.
- Build, scale and optimize paid search channels, including Google AdWords, Bing, and others.
- Independently manage the entire SEM budget against KPIs, with CPA/CPL being the most important ones measured on a weekly basis.
- Create and manage search campaigns from keywords, ad copy to landing pages to meet business goals and objectives and continuously improve conversions.
- Work independently and with the inhouse design team on creating landing pages and A/B testing to improve SEM performance and CPA/CPL KPIs.
- Perform keyword research; create, execute, monitor, and optimize campaigns, including competitor research.
- Continuously learn and stay on top of trends and best practices, proactively propose, and implement new strategies and tactics to improve conversions.
- Craft SEM strategy to fit into SEO, social media, email/SMS marketing, retargeting and CRM. Supporting in areas outside SEM as necessary.
- Work with our external SEM and SEO agencies.
- 4+ years of experience in SEM at an agency or a high growth startup, education sector experience is considered a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience directly managing PPC campaigns required, with a proven track record of managing successful campaigns.
- Strong communication skills.
- An analytical and results-oriented mindset person who understands the importance of striking a balance between efficiency and scale.
- Strong experience with SEO research tools and analytics platforms (Google Search Console, Microsoft Advertising, Ahrefs and others). Experience with HubSpot is considered a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Sora Schools is an equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values but also enriches our ability to do our work.
Please let your Sora contact know if you would like to request reasonable accommodations during your application or interviewing process.
All full-time team members are required to go through a background screening prior to employment upon hire.
For new hires in the U.S., the E-Verify process will be completed in conjunction with the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification on the first day of work to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.