At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
As the Senior Account Manager, you will provide proactive and ongoing support to 3 Group Account Executives in the field. Your focus will be on providing in depth insights, consultation, and analysis to help increase customer retention and grow incremental revenue.
- Build and maintain strong and long-lasting relationships acting as the lead point of contact for all incoming customer requests and utilize Salesforce to document and track customer inquiries and interactions
- Proactively monitor customer activity, taking ownership of issues to facilitate and ensure resolution within departmental guidelines
- Leverage resources to prioritize outreach in efforts to support new and existing Cars.com accounts with ongoing consultation and direction for success with their online advertising to improve overall account health and increase retention via SoapBox, and Google Analytics
- Identify and facilitate training opportunities for customers and peers regarding products, tools and other resources
- Identify upsell opportunities to maximize customer investment
- Partner with Cars.com Account Executives by leading strategic conversations to align goals and business objectives
- Proactively create and analyze reporting tailored to the needs of the customer to help overcome objections and illustrate Cars.com’s value
- Perform other related duties such as participating in various projects, pilot groups, or department initiatives
- Provide leadership to Account Managers through coaching, trainings and role plays
- Effectively work cross-functionally and with a wide range of people with different skill sets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to provide additional insight on key account metrics
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Reliable ability to consult, influence credibly and effectively, and overcome objections
- Exceptional time management skills that allow you to proactively identify and handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while solving problems quickly and creatively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- At least one year of relevant Account Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proven success in an Account Management role
- High retention numbers for consecutive quarters
- Working knowledge of Cars.com businesses and products preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.