GOAT Group is a fast-paced company seeking an experienced, highly detailed Senior Accountant with excellent communication and strong analytical skills to work closely with the Accounting Manager on all strategic and day-to-day accounting processes for GOAT Group. The Senior Accountant is responsible for a multitude of accounting duties including upkeep of the general ledger, reconciliations and support of budget and forecast activities.
In this role you will:
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Play a key role in general process improvements.
- Will own complex areas, such as equity, financial reporting, and consolidations.
- Evaluate financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Accounting Manager’s attention.
- Understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
- Execute judgments to keep projects moving and ensure the right actions are reached to close the books each month.
- Serve as a strategic and trusted finance partner to various functions of the business by automating processes and providing visibility into KPIs.
- Play an integral role in the continued development, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the Company’s financial accounting systems.
- Work on multiple complex projects owning the process from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Support audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in accounting; CPA preferred
- 4-5 years minimum related experience; a mix of public and private accounting is a plus
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP including experience in the preparation of financial statements
- Exposure to Netsuite or other large ERPs
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “outside the box”
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Must show accountability, be a team player and operate with a sense of urgency
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- High degree of dedication to improvement and solid sense of ownership
Benefits & Perks:
- Join the early team and work closely with founders on all aspects of the company
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary and generous equity grants
- Unlimited PTO
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.