Rokt is a marketing technology company whose core mission is to make the e-commerce transaction smarter by optimizing the checkout for each individual across products, UX and campaigns. Rokt's product solutions include Rokt Commerce that helps brands get smarter in the transaction, Rokt Acquire that helps marketers acquire customers in the Transaction Moment and Rokt CalReply that helps brands drive timely action through their calendar.
Founded in Sydney in 2012, our team now includes 180+ “Rokt’stars”around the world with operations in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Japan. With an annual revenue run rate of $100million; a vibrant company culture Rokt was recently named one of Deloitte’s Fastest Growing Tech Companies in North America. Our culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do your best work. To date, Rokt has raised USD$34million in funding from major investors including Moelis Australia, Time Inc, John Ho, Lachlan Murdoch, Greg Roebuck and Square Peg Capital.
Rokt is seeking an experienced and technical Senior Accountant to join our growing team, based in Singapore. This is a full time permanent position reporting to the Accounting Manager in Sydney (with a dotted line into the SVP Finance, who is located in New York).
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the day to day accounting for our APAC entities, with some additional input into other markets and group responsibilities with your global finance colleagues. It is a hands on role and requires the individual to be interested in being involved in all aspects of finance for a fast paced start up. You must also have a natural sense of intellectual intrigue and desire to scope, research, and recommend best practice approaches to new finance challenges as they arise.
To be successful, you will need a sound base of knowledge in financial reporting, gathered through tertiary and professional studies, along with relevant experience. An understanding of international financial reporting standards will be a plus.
Flexibility and tenacity are key and no job is too small or large. You will demonstrate strong communication skills. We work to support each other as a team globally at all times. We truly live our company value of ‘Smart with Humility’.
You recognize how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast. You must be a highly driven, energetic and focused individual that can work well with internal and external partners at all levels. You will be expected to problem solve, drive process improvements and exercise good business judgment in this role.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Responsible for accounting for APAC entities, as well as some group project responsibilities
- Analyse monthly financial data and make sure all monthly activity has been recorded and reconciled
- Execute processes related to month-end and quarter-end close, including P&L, Balance Sheet, cash flow and variance analysis.
- Payroll and employee reporting (include expense management)
- Prepare data for the preparation of income tax and indirect tax compliance (FBT, BAS, GST returns etc).
- Compile the data for the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Assist with the Statutory Audit process
- Create strong business partnerships and manage service levels with third party service providers
- Provide support to internal customers as required
- Manage the global employee stock plan maintenance program
- Identify and drive process improvements across the board
- Support finance management in design, testing and roll-out of financial reporting systems/tools/processes
- Mentor and coach junior accounting staff on a day to day basis, as support for building a talent pool in Singapore
- Other ad hoc projects, which may include, but not be limited to, M&A accounting, scoping new markets, banking and debt/covenant management etc.
- Proven: Bachelor’s degree (Accounting, Business, or other relevant field); relevant prior experience in a technical financial reporting environment (at least 3 years). Experience in fast paced technology or marketing/advertising businesses will be looked upon favourably. You should have your CA or CPA qualification.
- Communicative: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You enjoy working with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams across different geographic locations. You keep others in the company informed and up to date on your priorities, current tasks and work completed. You are consistently looking for ways to improve yourself professionally and you encourage constructive criticism of your work.
- Strategic: You are a strong, analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation. You are well organised with strong time management skills. Ability to think ‘outside the box’ and be open to a fast paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Dedicated: You are hardworking, keen to improve and take on challenges. High level of attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Experience with accounting systems
- Experience using G-Suite will be advantageous
Working for Rokt has many perks and benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Health and wellness monthly allowance
- Employee Share Plan, meaning all employees have a financial stake in the business
- Technology allowance
- Training allowance
- Company end of quarter training and events two times a year (one global, one regional)
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Casual dress
- Generous paid time off policy
- Lunch provided each week
- Staff awards program
- Generous staff referral program
- Job-related training in-house and allowance for external training applications/contributions
- Global network which offers opportunity to transfer to other markets
- Snacks, coffee and drinks