Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
- Review contracts and individual transactions for proper revenue recognition based on guidance under ASC 606 Software Revenue Recognition and company's revenue recognition policies
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Help prepare monthly/quarterly revenue reporting and analytics
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Analyze financial information to provide strategic recommendations
- Advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends
- Work with auditors related to the financial statement audit and control reviews
- Contribute to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures
- Work with multiple teams across the organization to assist with deal review and month-end close responsibilities
- Assist with other ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA candidate
- 3+ plus years of accounting experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel experience required
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and knowledge of US GAAP
- Analytical with a focus on understanding operations
- Team player with a flexible and open attitude
- Proactive and self-motivated accounting professional, able to think independently
- Ability to prioritize and multitasks successfully, while paying close attention to details
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, commitment to timely task completion a must
- Demonstrated ability to learn accounting and reporting applications in a short timeframe
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.