Energy Impact Partners (EIP) is a global investment platform leading the transition to a sustainable energy future. EIP brings together bold entrepreneurs and some of the world’s most forward-looking energy and industrial companies to advance clean energy innovation. EIP has over $3 billion in assets under management and invests globally across venture, growth, and credit with has a team of more than 80 professionals.
Energy Impact Partners LP is seeking a Senior Accountantto join the growing Finance team led by the CFO and Assistant Controller. The Finance team works closely with the EIP investment, operations and investor relations teams and directly communicates with EIP’s Founder/CEO and COO. This position is based in Washington, DC and will require some travel.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package and compelling compensation including base salary, annual bonus and participation in equity programs.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Coordinate with investment teams for seamless deal execution, portfolio monitoring and funding/disbursements while recording and accounting for related transactions
- Work closely with investment teams on preparation and review of quarterly portfolio company valuations including analysis of complex capital structures and implementation of valuation methodologies in accordance with ASC-820
- Responsible for managing preparation and reviewing annual and quarterly fund financial statements and quarterly/monthly workbooks
- Manage investor requests and responses including working directly with investor relations team on active fundraising
- Work directly with junior staff with a focus on mentorship and training
- Actively manage fund liquidity and line of credit including forecasting, compliance with partnership agreement and determination of timing of investor capital calls
- Analyze and calculate investment/fund performance and projections including returns and carried interest waterfall
- Track, maintain and improve controls, documentation and record-keeping
- Assist in the coordination with fund service providers for auditor, tax, custodians, valuation and portfolio monitoring
- Ad hoc analysis for CFO/senior management and other responsibilities as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting or finance role, with a preference toward 1-2 years of experience in private equity or venture capital
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with exceptional academic performance
- CPA or CFA preferred
- Cross-functional experience with driving progress by working closely across internal teams
- Experience with identifying and implementing process improvement in a growing business
- Superior organization and attention to detail
- High ethical standards
- The ability to effectively multi-task, manage deadlines, learn quickly and communicate clearly