About the role
Ando is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant. We’re growing quickly, and as our first finance hire, you’ll help build core accounting and financial reporting processes and drive strategic business decisions with data. This role reports to the Head of Business Operations.
You will lead our accounting practice with technical expertise in transactional accounting, general ledger accounting, monthly close processes and financial reporting. You should be excited to take part in Ando’s growth and to ultimately build out our accounting function.
- Timely and accurate processing/recording of transactions in accordance with GAAP and internal controls
- Expense processing and tracking (through Bill.com and Expensify)
- Timely reconciliations (revenue, inventory, credit card, cap assets, intercompany transactions...)
- Oversee/work with kitchen managers on periodic inventory and cost management
- Liaise with third party accounting firm as needed
- Monthly close and consolidation of financials
- BVA preparation
- Assist with strategic financial analysis, including unit economics and time to break-even
- Quarterly and annual tax filings for Fed and NY State (Sales Tax, Franchise Tax, etc), and other reporting requirements
- Develop and fine-tune accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain document libraries that are current and complete
- Numerous routine and ad-hoc accounting and finance support functions as needed
- Work cross-functionally with Operations and Engineering teams to enable information flow and support business decisions with data and metrics, financial models, and ad-hoc analyses
- Help develop best practices across our organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA a plus.
- 4+ years experience in a hands-on accounting role, preferably in a startup company, or any equivalent combination of education/training and experience that would allow the candidate to demonstrate the task maturity (knowledge, skill & experience) to be successful in this position
- Experience in hospitality industry, specifically food and beverage
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Expensify, Peachworks and Bill.com
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and strong analytical/problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Self motivated and resourceful, with proven ability to seamlessly move from one task to another, effectively, in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting, across geographies
- Willing to travel (up to 10% of time)
- Unflinching commitment to honesty and integrity
- Bonus points if you love eating, or cooking, or both!
This is a full-time role with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer pre-tax flexible spending accounts for both health and transportation.
Ando is a new online restaurant from Momofuku and Expa, serving food specifically made for delivery.
We have offices in the SOMA district of San Francisco and in SOHO NYC. Both offices are absolutely stunning, with fun atmospheres and amazing, brilliant people.