Q is building an operating system for the built world, backed by a comprehensive technology and service platform. Today, hundreds of companies in four cities trust Q to make their offices run better. We handle everything from catering to IT, to cleaning, plumbing and office supply management. In short, we make it easy to run an office.
We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
As the Senior Accountant for Q you will support the Accounting Manager and Director of Accounting in the day-to-day and monthly financial operations of the business. This position will assist management and business unit leaders by providing accurate and timely financials to help Q make informed business decisions to reach its aggressive long term goals.
- Own, operate, and report upon a complete P2P (Purchase to Pay) process. Including entering all invoices and transactions with the proper coding
- Properly record and maintain the fixed asset schedule
- Assist payroll manager by taking the outputs from the processed payroll(s) and import the journal entries to record payroll in Q’s financial statements
- Working across multiple operating systems and maintaining the outputs as the backup for journal entries recorded in Q’s financial reporting system so that Q’s processes and procedures are 100% audit ready
- Executing upon a 5-day monthly close process while maintaining monthly balance sheet reconciliations and expense analyses of P&L accounts
- Serve as backup across several key monthly and day-to-day accounting functions inclusive of but not limited to Payroll.
- Adept at process improvement identification, documentation and education, with a constant focus on working with the stakeholders of the business on automating in the true spirit of Q
Through the organization of the Director of Accounting & Accounting Manager execute upon 3rd party external audits in an effective and timely manner to meet required signed audit opinion date deadlines
- BS in Accounting, Finance or comparable discipline
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and preparing reports at multiple levels of summary and detail for various stakeholders of the business
- Ability to communicate fearlessly and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- A motivated problem solver with an ability to work to aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and own every challenge no matter the size of the task
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG