What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
The Finance team wears many hats – as analysts, strategists, and operational Jedi Knights. Whether it’s providing forward-looking analysis to support business decisions, managing the financial needs of an innovation-focused organization, or partnering across the company to get results, our passion is providing the analytical horsepower and capital to support OnDeck’s rapid growth. We’re results focused, but love our jobs and are always having fun – and we like it that way.
As a Senior Accountant, you will:
Collaborate with the Assistant Controller, with the month-end close and preparation of financial reporting packages
- Lead all international consolidations and eliminations, as well as being the main US accounting contact with our international accounting counterparts
- Monitor numerous accounts and/or financial statement line items, including all related accounting, spreadsheets, and reconciliations
- Serve as the accounting department’s liaison with our equity platform partner, and record all equity and stock based compensation
- Responsible for interacting with technology and other associated business areas to settle the software capitalization rate for related employees on a monthly basis
- Assist with analyzing and documenting the month-to-month account fluctuations by providing detailed business reasons for changes
- Assist with preparing account support for quarterly reviews and the annual audit
Collaborate with the financial reporting group on various technical tasks associated with 10-K and 10-Q filings
- Work with accounting team to build in process efficiencies and internal controls that can improve the accuracy of the financial close process
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a CPA. Experience in the financial services industry, a plus
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Senior Accountant at a big four accounting firm or private industry
- Top performer at your company and want to bring that same attitude, intensity and desire to OnDeck
- Strong command of GAAP with experience in ASC 830 (Foreign Currency Matters) and ASC 718 (Stock Compensation), a plus
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation
- Experience with journal entries and internal controls, as well as experience in being part of an external audit process
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision and are highly organized. You have a drive toward constant process improvement
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Team player that accepts accountability for yourself and others
- Analytical and have a desire to understand the business reasons behind the numbers
- Tech savvy and mastered excel. Experience working various systems (NetSuite, Concur, Coupa, Tableau, and/or Pentaho) a plus
What we offer you:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with some really cool and brilliant people
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
- An open minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic technologists.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching program, flex spending plan and life insurance.
- Smart colleagues who you can learn from.
- Paid/flexible vacations and holidays.
- If you’re sick just stay home and feel better.
- Summer & Holiday events with the entire office!
- Happy hour every Wednesday.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.
OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No recruiters or agencies, please.**