Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As a Senior Accountant on our Finance team, you will report to the US Assistant Controller. In this role, you will support world class financial reporting for a fast-growing dynamic company. In addition, you will work with the US Finance team and the Global Finance team, as well as coordinate with cross-function business partners to support continuing company growth and pursuit of excellence.
What your day will look like:
- Aid in driving the month-end close process to meet globally set goals and deadlines
- Reconcile the general ledger and ensure all necessary journal entries and accruals are captured in both the income statement and balance sheet (including but not limited to accounts receivables and long-term debt)Review financial data provided by other cross-functional teams and identify and investigate issues and anomalies as part of the month-end close, tracking issues to their resolution
- Assist in managing Zips funding cash flow and forecasting to support growth of the business
- Support budget, forecast and financial performance reporting
- Document financial processes and controls and supply insights for improvements
- Diving deeply into financial data and becoming a subject matter expert on key processes
- Develop and maintain working relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at multiple levels within the organization
- Liaise with business partners to drive financial reporting requirements and implement best practices across the organization
- Support new business development and reporting as needed
- Research accounting pronouncements as needed
- Aid and/or train other team members as needed
- Help manage annual audit and tax reporting
- Assist in any other audits throughout the year
To help us level up, your ideally have:
- 5 or more years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP
- Comfort with ambiguity; Independent thinker who is happiest in the ‘grey’ – Zip is a fast-moving, agile organization and you need to be comfortable with little structure or precedent
- Excellent knowledge of accounting & financial principles and how business decisions impact financial statements
- Strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and financial modelling
- High-level intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a view of the big picture
- Robust interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with various management levels
- Ability to adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence others through effective verbal and written communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Big 4 audit experience a plus
- Experience in the Financial Services / FinTech Industries with exposure to large volumes of transactions a plus
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote First Friendly!
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.