The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist provides direct support for processing the day-to-day vendor/supplier invoices and payments, while providing excellent customer service.
- Responsible for full-cycle AP, including general ledger support
- Process various types of accounts payable transactions including vendor invoices, recurring payments, and manual check requests in accordance with policies and controls
- Process 3-way and 2-way match
- Ensure invoices are accurately coded, approved, posted and processed within established deadlines
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders
- Generate weekly check run and process manual Wire and ACH payments
- Respond and interact with internal customers and vendors/suppliers
- Control and manage employee expense reporting system (Concur) and process
- Generate reports for review such as exception reports, accounts payable aging reports, and other month-end reports as requested
- Maintain accounting documents and disbursement support
- Prepare month end reconciliation for all AP related accounts including GR/IR
- Assists, obtain and provide financial information needed for internal and external audits.
- Preparing year-end forms, including 1099s
- Provide customer satisfaction to the Executives, Finance team, other departments, and external parties
- Ensure the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of the data
- Understanding processes and systems, the interconnection with upstream and downstream processes and identifying process improvements
- Perform ad hoc analysis and process improvement projects
- Associated Degree in accounting
- 8+ years directly applicable accounts payable and general ledger experience
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to successfully deal with employee and vendor questions and resolve issues
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the confidential nature of duties, tasks and information
- General knowledge of GAAP
- SAP or other ERP system proficiency
- Experience with 3-way and 2-way PO matching
- Familiarity with Concur and a PO system preferred
- Ability to process a high volume with accuracy
- Good time management skills; ability to meet critical deadlines
- Proficiency with Word and Excel and efficient data entry skills
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Experience in an early stage company that is rapidly implementing process improvements
- Adaptable, team oriented person who can focus on details
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new skills
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at [email protected]
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.