Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
We're on a mission to bring financial inclusion and opportunity to all hard-working Americans. Through our mobile app, we offer premium bank accounts that have no minimum balance requirement or monthly account fees, high-interest savings accounts, short term lending and solutions to help customers stretch their paycheck, build credit and start saving. Our tech-first products are designed to make money work for everyone and help customers and communities build greater financial resiliency.
Varo is distinct from other fintechs: we've made history as the first and only consumer fintech to be granted a full national bank charter by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
Varo Bank represents the evolution of a new generation of banks that are born from innovation and built on technology to empower consumers and businesses.
Our team combines the best of both consumer tech and banking, and we’re wildly passionate about helping our customers. Our teams are based in San Francisco and Salt Lake City. Privately held, we’ve raised over $482M to date, from leading institutional investors and strategic partners including Warburg Pincus, The Rise Fund, Gallatin Point Capital, Harbourvest Partners, Progressive Insurance, and Russell Westbrook Enterprises.
Varo is entrepreneurial, collaborative, enthusiastic, customer-oriented, fast-paced, and multicultural. This is an open and relatively flat organization that puts an emphasis on collaboration, sharing ideas and information. For a relatively early stage company, Varo is grounded in a strong set of values and takes pride in the diversity of its employees and board.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant who can be a shared resource pool for the key executives. This role will report directly to one of the key executives.
The Senior Administrative Assistant (SAA) will work closely with our Executive team to provide support. The SAAs will work together as a shared pool. However, certain primary executives will be assigned to each.
Varo is on a mission to bring premium banking to millions of everyday Americans while helping them with their finance - not charging them heavy fees. After receiving our bank charter, we are at an inflection point in our growth and have a significant number of high-impact growth opportunities on the horizon.
Preferred location: California, Utah, and North Carolina. Candidates must already live in one of these states or be flexible to relocate to one of the states.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- 2-3 years of previous experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant, personal assistant or office manager is preferred
- High school diploma or GED. Prefer a bachelor’s degree in a business related field (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills including synthesizing key points into ‘executive level’ communications.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to act as gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to executives as needed
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Familiarity with Google Suite in most cases (docs, sheets, google calendars, slides, slack, zoom, and in some cases Microsoft Office Suite (excel, powerpoint, and docs)
- Experience successfully operating in an early stage company (or similar environments), delivering at rapid pace with limited resources, and jumping in wherever needed to make things happen
- Creative problem solver who enjoys breaking down complex projects and questions and figuring out how to get things done and find answers
- Extremely collaborative and able to partner with all levels of the organization
- Growth mindset and driven, with a natural curiosity that drives making things better
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support identified executives
- Provide backup and coordination with other enabling support positions, like other admins
- Using various software, including google suite products, spreadsheets, and presentation tools to prepare reports and/or special projects
- Acting as a point of contact among executives, employees, and external partners
- Managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Setting up larger meetings or cross functional meetings or meetings involving outside partners or agencies or vendors. This could involve scheduling, ordering food, helping set the agenda, etc.
- Facilitate team meeting, like for example a All Hands team meeting or a offsite / virtual team meeting
- Run special projects as needed
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements, and associated expense reporting
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Take minutes during certain key meetings as needed
- Maintain and manage online files as needed
- As in any high-growth early stage environment - jump in where needed to get things done!
Varo is entrepreneurial, collaborative, enthusiastic, customer-oriented, fast-paced, and multicultural. This is an open and relatively flat organization that puts an emphasis on collaboration, sharing ideas and information. For a relatively early stage company, Varo is grounded in a strong set of values and takes pride in the diversity of its employees.
OUR CORE VALUES
Customers First: Understand the problems our customers are trying to solve. Respond with a sense of urgency. Build relationships that result in loyalty. Be data and insights-driven. Test everything. Achieve results through strong execution. Build a product people love. Assess new initiatives with the customers’ interest in mind. Act with empathy.
Take Ownership: Bias towards action. Have high standards. Be accountable for the results of your work, our product, our company. Trust others to own it.
Respect: Treat others how you want to be treated. Listen first before being heard. Speak the truth even when it's not easy. Assume best intentions. Bring your full self to work.
Stay Curious: Ask why. Dare to make things better. Learn something new each day (even from mistakes). Be open to growth. Develop creative solutions.
Make it Better: Think big. Set high goals. Work towards long term value rather than short term wins. Create change. Be resilient.
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail [email protected]
with the pertinent information and contact information.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.