About the Role:
Instabug is looking to add a Senior Analyst to join the team to help support and partner closely with Sales and Marketing.
The FP&A team partners with executive team members across the company to provide timely, fact-based, data-driven decision support to help drive critical decisions. The team drives annual planning, owns the operating plan and long-term financial model, internal financial reporting, and financial and analytical tools to make Instabug predictable.
In this particular role, Instabug is looking for someone with experience partnering closely with Sales and Marketing to drive the FP&A support for this growing department.
This position is 100% remote, based in the US timezone.
- Business Partnership: Influences cross-functional team regularly. Begins to build and manage holistic relationships with select partners
- Financial Modeling: Build, maintain and improve financial models to plan, measure and forecast the business. Models are easily audited and used by overs for areas of high complexity.
- Planning and Financial Analysis: Drive financial processes with minimal guidance.
- Data Analysis: Translates analysis into clear data-driven storylines and insights
- Project Management: Run medium-sized projects that improve our ability to make better data driven insights or make the company more efficient.
- Communication: Target audience Head of Finance, Head of Finance staff, VP, Marketing and VP, Sales
- Autonomy: executes with limited supervision from senior members of team.
- Collaborate with team members to assist with ad-hoc projects and miscellaneous tasks
- Business Acumen: Be able to understand the business at a level to understand VP priorities.
- Experience owning a business function as a finance business partner.
- 3-5 years of experience in a finance role ideally with enterprise SaaS software model.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or relevant degree. MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
- Financial Modeling: Be able to understand and update financial models that follow industry best practices. Expertise in Google sheets (we do not use excel for modeling purposes).
- Business Partnership: Consistent track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business decisions.
- Data Analysis: A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights. Excellent analytical skills. SQL experience preferred.
- Communication: Ability to present financial data concisely using detailed reports and charts and through written and oral communication.
- Systems: Hands-on experience with financial and visualization software. Netsuite, SaaSOptics, and Looker are a plus.
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits for both you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Opportunity to work with passionate people in a mission-driven company defining a quickly growing field
- Expenses reimbursed for helping you build a healthy, comfortable work-from-home environment