ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 900,000 members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process.
The Inbound Transportation Senior Analyst will oversee all inbound shipping to Thrive Market from vendors. The Analyst will ensure vendor shipments are efficient, cost effective and reliable. This will include evaluating opportunities to use alternative carriers, consolidate inbound freight, cross dock shipments and change shipping modes. The Analyst will collaborate closely with the fulfillment, supply planning and merchandising teams to develop a comprehensive strategy and tactical execution plan for inbound shipments. This includes balancing tradeoffs in cost, inventory levels, speed and quality. In addition, the Analyst will be involved in our efforts to minimize carbon emissions by reducing the environmental footprint of our inbound shipping.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with LTL and truckload carriers for a retailer or distributor. This position will require strong data analysis and communication skills.
- Develop framework for evaluating whether each vendor’s inbound freight is better managed as collect or prepaid
- Develop solutions to reduce inbound freight cost such as cross docking and consolidation
- Manage carrier performance to improve reliability and on-time delivery
- Evaluate and recommend which carriers and/or freight brokers Thrive Market should work with
- Create a suite of inbound transportation quality metrics
- Guide the development of software systems necessary to properly manage inbound freight
- Collaborate with the supply planning team to refine and improve the Thrive Market Routing Guide
- 3 to 5 years of experience in transportation, operations, or related field
- 1 to 2 years of experience in inbound transportation preferred
- Prior responsibility for carrier performance management
- Understanding of LTL and Truckload freight cost and performance drivers
- Strong analytical thinking and Excel modeling skills
- Experience using and enhancing transportation management systems
- Experience working with tech teams to define requirements and design system enhancements
- Familiarity with EDI freight transactions and systems
- Work experience with a retailer or distributor
- Bachelors in business, supply chain management, or similar field preferred