Wise is one of the fastest growing companies in fintech, and we’re on a mission to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a talented Senior Android Engineer, based in our Austin office (with a flexible combined in-office and WFH approach), to join our mission.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the North America team:
- You’ll help build features and experiences aimed at achieving great market fit in the North America region.
- You’ll prioritize and build out capabilities and features for our North America customers across our mobile platforms that have the most value and impact for them.
- You'll be an excellent communicator and advocate for our North America customers and product, helping to share across this region as well as across our global team at Wise.
- You’ll also be responsible for ensuring the solutions you build scale and fit well in order to achieve a high quality global product. This can mean focus on proposing / adopting new architectures, fixing bugs, or reworking user experiences that aren’t fit for purpose.
Is that you?
- Capable and independent Android engineer with ~5+ years of experience
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audience
Knowledgeable about product engineering (or have the desire to learn it)
- Experience building Android apps that delight users
- Full-stack Android development (Activities, Fragments, Views, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Content Providers, SQLite, etc.)
- Experience with Android libraries (such as Android ViewModels, SQLDelight, Kotlin Coroutines + Flows, Android Navigation, Dagger DI, Kotlinx Serialization, Retrofit, Kotlin Multiplatform, Jetpack Compose etc.)
- The desire for writing clean and testable code
- Practical experience of SOLID principles and when and how to apply them
- Experience working with a version control system like git
- Excellent understanding of REST API Design
- Any experience with declarative UI, reactive programming, and Kotlin Multiplatform would be great!
…but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
What does success look like?
- You’ll understand our customers and drive the growth of our mobile users
- You’ll be helping us ensure reliability of our app
- You’ll be working to reduce the number of contacts to our customer support due to app problems
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and tribe vision and how you can contribute
- 💵 $170K – $260K starting salary, based on experience
- 🚀 RSU’s in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- 🏆 2023 Austin BuiltIn Best Award winner for Best Places to Work and Best Large Places to Work
Interested? Find out more:
…or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.