Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we do things differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s leading online flower company, and the UK’s fastest growing ecommerce company according to the Financial Times, growing at +100%.
In January 2021 we announced our £75 million Series D funding round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), alongside other top tier investors including Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, boomon and Bergamotte, having acquired bloomon in April 2021 and Bergamotte in July 2021. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Technology Team at Bloom & Wild
There are over 60 people in the Technology team at Bloom & Wild, who work from a variety of locations across Europe, in our remote friendly model. We’re made up of the Engineering team, Platform Operations & IT, and Architecture teams, with Engineering being organised into cross functional squads, each responsible for, and with the autonomy to own, a business and architectural domain.
Technology lies at the heart of what we do, powering our business growth, and our squads, led by an Engineering Manager and a Product Manager, are the engines that power our Engineering team.
The Checkout & Payments Squad
The Checkout & Payments squad is a close-knit, cross functional, team who help to ensure that our customers have a great purchase experience across our gifting and subscription ranges. This means focusing on important metrics like conversion and churn rate, and owning critical areas of our website such as the checkout funnel, payment service provider integrations and order confirmation pages. We’ve got exciting challenges ahead as we evolve the checkout experience to suit the increasingly varied needs of our rapidly growing business and customer base and continue our broader strategy to break up our platform into a set of smaller services and consolidate onto a single microservices platform.
You can read more about our technology and culture over on our tech blog - Code & Wild
The role and ways of working:
- You’ll play a leading part in delivering both your squad's roadmap. This will mean writing, reviewing and supporting code in our platform, taking ideas from requirements to production code, and being responsible for quality at every step along the way.
- You’ll work with some great technology. Our Angular webapp (implemented with TypeScript/SCSS) and our native mobile apps utilise APIs from our backend platform (mostly Ruby) running on AWS Fargate/ECS. We are also looking to develop new microservices in Ruby and Go in an event-driven, serverless architecture.
- You will get to work with an established and experienced team of engineers who will support you and encourage you to grow and fulfil your potential, while you enable them to do the same
You are an experienced frontend developer (5+ years experience), with a solid grounding in the following technologies::
We are a distributed team with two office locations in Amsterdam and London and multiple warehouse locations. Our team can choose to work from our offices as much or as little as they’d like. We don’t expect people to come in as a norm but if it makes sense to do so (team onsites, monthly meetings etc), then we’d encourage it.
We work hard to create a working culture of inclusion for our team working from office and home locations so whether you need to be at home for school pickups or want to spend time together with your co-workers we’ll do our best to make your experience a good one!
We're proud to hold an A-rated sponsor license, so we can assign certificates of sponsorship. This means we can support applications from anywhere as long as the job is deemed suitable under the points based system.
Our perks and benefits:
* 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday
* Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-4pm)
* We offer flexible bank holidays so at any time you can trade a bank holiday day off and in its place take off another day that fits better with your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
* Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
* Health cash plan through SimplyHealth
* Personal Development Budget
* Enhanced Family Friendly Policy
* Workplace nursery - a salary sacrifice based childcare scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Pension Contribution
* Discounts on our blooms!
* Lunch & Learns
* Bloom & Go Wild trips
When we’re in the office:
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, inclusive and scale-up culture and those who choose to come into the office, also benefit from:
* Free snacks.
* Early finishes on Thursdays & Fridays to spend more time with each other.
* Beer, wine and soft drinks fridge.
* We’re a social bunch and love to get together to celebrate! Events include Summer & Christmas parties, post peak celebrations and team lunches.
In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
* Weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content.
* Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions are celebrated.
* Virtual Stand Up for weekly company updates, and Virtual Monthly Meeting to celebrate our successes and value nominations.
* Wellbeing support through our online platform, Spill, which offers online therapy sessions.
*New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely.
* Peak Treats to support our team during our busiest times!
Our Recruitment Process
We are continuing to conduct the majority of our interview processes remotely via video. You’ll have an initial screening call with the hiring manager to talk through your experience and for you to learn more about the role and Bloom & Wild. This will be followed by a technical exercise (either before or during the technical interview, it’s your choice) followed by a technical interview and the opportunity to meet some of the software engineers that you’d work with.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know.