Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2016, and for the sixth time, our team members have rated us a “Best Places to Work” in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and the #3 mid-sized company on Washington Post’s 2016 Top Workplaces list. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson LLC has an immediate opening for a Senior Associate to join the Government Contracting Industry Services Group within the Assurance Practice. Our professionals in this group apply extensive industry knowledge in their delivery of efficient and effective assurance services to a wide variety of government contracting businesses.
- Perform financial statement audits and reviews and other attestation services for government contracting companies of various sizes and ownership structures
- Serve as the principal point of contact on client engagements and develop working relationships with senior level management and business owners
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and collaborate with managers and partners to make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Takes responsibility, executes and follows through on timely completion of engagement deliverables from planning to completion
- Supervise and mentor junior staff members on engagements and review workpapers
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements
- Utilize technical proficiency to enable diagnoses of and solutions to problems encountered on audits and reviews.
- Build firm-wide resource network to contribute to the development of a broad base of internal and external relationships for personal and professional benefits and results
- Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls
- Develop industry knowledge by attending industry association meetings, trainings and networking events
- Implement improvements to internal processes
- Bachelor’s in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Minimum experience of two to three busy seasons within the assurance practice of a public accounting firm
- Experience auditing clients with government contracts is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Software
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients and customers
*Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
**Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer