Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Design at Timbre Games
A great Timbre Designer strives to be curious, humble, authentic and adaptable. Great ideas come from everywhere, and we have the exciting opportunity to harness the power of collaboration to create something truly special.
At Timbre, designers are here to build a cohesive vision using inclusive practices and help create clarity for our team around what the game experience aspires to be.
We are the voice of our players and the heart of the game. Constantly learning as we go, we use our skills and lean on those around us to shape quality experiences that capture our audience's imagination.
Together, alongside the rest of our talented team, we create confidence in Timbre's vision of building diverse, meaningful AAA games using the latest software technologies.
As a Senior Audio Designer at Timbre Games, you will be an instrumental part of our creative journey, shaping the auditory landscape of our games. Collaborate closely with our creative and development teams to design, implement, and refine audio elements that elevate player immersion and emotional connection.
As a Senior Audio Designer at Timbre Games you will:
- Create and refine high-quality, dynamic, and interactive audio content, aligning with the game's artistic vision and gameplay goals
- Continuously test and optimize audio assets for performance, ensuring a seamless audio experience across various platforms and hardware, and crafting a mesmerizing and uninterrupted experience for our players
- Develop and optimize audio pipelines, streamlining workflows and ensuring efficient asset management from creation to implementation
- Curate and manage our audio repository with meticulous care, maintaining its organization and enhancing its resources to empower the development team's creative endeavours
- Collaborate effectively with our Engineering team to execute precise audio asset integration, utilizing industry-standard middleware and game engines such as Wwise and Unreal Engine
- Establish Audio best practices and pipelines working in UE5, alongside any appropriate third party software
- Participate in quality assurance procedures, proactively identifying and resolving any audio-related anomalies or irregularities to ensure a consistent audio experience for our players
What you Bring:
- A track record of distinguished service in the realm of game audio design (sound design, voice over, music implementation, technology, player experience, etc.), underscored by a consistent history of elevating projects to exceptional standards
- Expertise with in-game engine technical implementation and Wwise audio middleware, sound design creation tools (Reaper, ProTools, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments, etc.) and techniques
Creator of Clarity: You demonstrate an ability to craft immersive audio experiences that provide players with crystal-clear audio cues to clarify the in-game narrative and mechanics, enhancing their understanding of the game world
Visionary Explorer: You have an innovative approach to sound, embracing new technologies and techniques that take our games to uncharted territory, creating audio experiences that captivate players and leave a lasting impression
Diversity Champion: You recognize the importance of diversity and inclusivity in both your work and interactions within the team. Encourage a diverse range of voices and perspectives in your audio design, ensuring that our games resonate with a wide array of players
Pursuer of Fun: Your qualifications should showcase your ability to infuse each audio element with a sense of delight, ensuring that players find our games not only immersive but also irresistibly enjoyable, making every gaming session an exhilarating adventure
What you might Bring:
- Experience with Reaktor and synthesizers
- Experience with interactive music editing & implementation
- Experience with Scripting or node-based implementation
- Wwise certification
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Timbre is committed to pay transparency in our hiring process as well as to maintain internal pay equity. We are currently implementing our pay transparency plan with our team and will post our salary bands on all our current job postings effective December 1, 2023.
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page
, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn
to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!