As a Senior Autonomous Controls Engineer, you will be part of a team working towards NextEV’s autonomous vehicle vision. You will be working with bright, passionate people to implement super reliable firmware executing on cutting edge System On Chips. The software you will develop will require processing input from a variety of vehicle sensors to automate safe vehicle control.
· Define technical requirements for advanced driver assistance systems software controls
· Define the system-wide software architecture for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and Sensors
· Design resilient and redundant mechanisms to protect against sensor failures
· Bachelors or Masters Degree
· Strong C/C++ software development experience
· Experience with low-level software implementation such as device drivers and hardware bring up
· Excellent communication skills and teamwork tendencies
· Experience developing embedded firmware for safety-critical real-time systems in production environments in the automotive, medical, defense, or aerospace industries
· Experience architecting complex, highly distributed real-time embedded systems
· Experience with existing ADAS technologies such as adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, and lane keeping
· Understanding of advanced driver assistance sensors such as radar, camera, ultrasonic, and LiDAR, including the measurement and data-reduction, target identification and environmental synthesis, and sensor fusion
· Understanding of the concepts of target identification, target tracking, and sensor fusion
· System-oriented understanding and experience with vehicle dynamics controls; e.g. brake actuation; torque application; tire characteristics; vehicle kinematics, etc.
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Senior Autonomous Controls Engineer job post.✕