Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product since 2018, and are growing rapidly.
Planning and Controls (PAC) is an agile group of engineers focused on researching and developing state-of-the-art algorithms that drive intelligent and confidence-inspiring flight behaviors while accounting for an uncertain and dynamic world.
As a member of PAC, you will conduct research at the intersection of artificial intelligence, task / motion planning, and controls. Your core challenge will be designing and improving real time 3D trajectory generation algorithm for fast, safe, and robust flight, both indoors and outdoors. Furthermore, you will be working on distributed planning for a team of robots. In general, you will be developing technology grounded in first principles and see it take flight, while working with a close-knit team of diverse talents.
What you'll do:
- You will be collaborating with a team of dedicated individuals while taking ownership of specific features within the planning and controls stack
- Research and design cutting edge planning algorithms for real time autonomous systems
- Prototype features to determine viability and mitigate risks
- Implement new features at production level quality with rigorous testing
- Iterate with the test team to mature the technology to pass progressively more rigorous reliability thresholds
- Develop internal tools for prototypes, simulation, and test infrastructure
- Participate in brainstorm sessions and software design for challenging issues
- Develop your professional skills and knowledge via regular lit reviews and self-directed learning
Projects you might work on:
- Intelligently-parameterized planning based on local environment to optimize for safety and speed
- Distributed 3D local planning for a team of robots
- Modeling and predicting user intention to provide a “magical” user experience
- BS in CS or related quantitative science and 2+ years of professional experience in similar fields
- Solid foundation in real-time trajectory planning and optimization
- Strong C++ programmer, experienced in developing clean code and architecture
- Passion for solving complex problems in a fast-moving environment
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, and being kind to others
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.