Bring your skills and passion to a global leader in the fitness technology industry! Join Wodify, a rapidly-growing, bootstrapped, profitable company looking for motivated problem-solvers and independent thinkers who aren’t afraid to take charge. Our cutting-edge software empowers gym owners, members, and coaches, and our love of innovation is matched only by our commitment to giving back to the community. To date, we’ve connected two million people and 5,000 gyms in 90 countries.
We are looking to hire a Senior Back End Engineer who is passionate about creating features for one of the fastest-growing software applications in the functional fitness industry. You will be an integral member of coding a wide variety of features for the app. This role offers the opportunity to own a project from creation to completion and build features on the cutting edge of development.
Our engineering team – with your help – will tell powerful stories through our product line, targeted to our existing and prospective customers. This is the perfect opportunity for someone with strong back end development, testing, and implementation skills, coupled with excellent personal communication, to work with other talented engineers and be impactful in a fast-paced environment with high expectations.
A Day in the Life:
- Collaborate with team members in designing and building highly-scalable backend services and applications.
- Create solutions for new product features and enhancements. Own feature areas and deliverables, performing analysis, diagnostics, development, testing, and documentation of software.
- Work effectively with management and team members to clarify needs and plan delivery of major product changes, future version and new products. Active participation in team agile activities such as story curating, planning work backlog, work estimation, sprint planning, retros, demos, etc.
- Demonstrate development methodology, standards, and the basics of user satisfaction.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide responsive support to escalated customer issues, plan delivery of product changes, and new products.
- Own responsibility for running applications using CI/CD practices such as automated builds, deployments, and tests.
- Participate in code reviews to represent reviewed work for adherence to standards and specifications.
- Demonstrates eagerness to learn and help others evolve and grow their skill set. Sharing knowledge about new software languages, tools and applications. Manage junior developers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Extensive experience with a modern development stack architecture, e.g. MVC, Microservices, Web APIs
- Strong experience with back-end programming languages and/or frameworks, e.g. .NET, ASP.NET Core, C#, Python, Java
- Experience with interoperability languages like JSON or XML
- Strong experience with debugging, unit testing, and automation testing or test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience with databases including MS SQL Server, utilizing SQL, stored procedures, and schema design
- Strong experience with version controlling tools, e.g. Git
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment, e.g. Jenkins, TFS
- Experience with cloud platforms and technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Desire to deliver work through others and shows a natural inclination to lead
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve problems and formulate recommendations
- Willingness and aptitude to embrace new ideas and master concepts rapidly
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of the OutSystems platform (is a plus)
Education & Training:
BS/MS in Computer Science preferred
- Competitive salary and equity plan
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance paid 90% by Wodify plus company-paid disability and life insurance
- 401(k) plan and FSA
- Generous PTO and Holiday Calendar
- Team, social and philanthropy events
- Weekly healthy meal delivery, subsidized by the company
- Gym reimbursement and commuter benefits
- Beautiful office fully stocked with coffee, snacks, and wine on tap
The Application Process:
- Fill out the online application form
- Complete a quick video interview and wonderlic style test
- Complete a second round of video interviews
- If we think you're a fit, we'll make an offer
Candidates must be wiling and able to work from our offices in Philadelphia, as we will not be providing relocation for this role.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).