Wikibuy is looking for a Senior Backend Developer to lead development of core Wikibuy applications. This role will have a high degree of autonomy and work vertically across the entire microservice ecosystem.
Wikibuy is an ambitious startup working on a new consumer product that seeks to change the way people buy things online. We believe that no matter where you shop, it should be easy to buy things at the best price.
We are a fast-paced, get-stuff-done team solving a difficult problem in a unique way. Over the last year, Wikibuy has gained significant investor support and traction with customers. Now, we’re focused on growing our customer base and refining the experience to create a product that customers can’t live without.
Who are you?
- You are an experienced backend software developer who enjoys both leading projects and being an individual contributor / technical expert
- You prefer an intense, energetic environment and working with passionate, top-notch people
- You execute well with a high degree of individual ownership, but are also adept working as part of a team
- You are comfortable balancing the competing demands of rapid iteration and system reliability, scalability, and performance
- You love working in a data-driven and customer-first environment
- You’re on top of new developments in the open source community
- You have a bias for action and like to move quickly
- Lead technical design and delivery of complex applications across multiple systems
- Architect, deploy and support performant production software on cloud server infrastructure
- Collaborate with product managers and web developers to prioritize and plan initiatives
- Lead development of tools and systems to enable other internal customers
- Provide oversight and mentorship to junior engineers on software engineering techniques and technology
Technologies we use
Node.js, Python, Cassandra, Postgres, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Kafka, AWS, Docker, Marathon, Mesos, Jenkins, Datadog, Kibana
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent; MS in Computer Science a plus
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong understanding and application of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Track record of successful high quality delivery of complex systems, despite ambiguity in priorities and requirements
- Strong software development knowledge in different programming languages
- Experience with modern relational databases like Postgres, MySQL, and Redshift
- Experience with deploying clustered web services
- Experience with distributed technologies such as Cassandra and Elastic Search
- Experience using modern build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Docker, etc.
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
About working at Wikibuy
At Wikibuy, we believe that if we take care of our team, our team will take care of our customers. We provide competitive compensation, equity, an open vacation policy, and full medical and dental benefits. We also provide healthy snacks, infinite coffee, an onsite gym and complimentary chef-prepared lunches – with Food Truck Fridays to spice it up every week.