Game Closure is on the hunt for Systems Engineers to help us build the social games that guide the development of our mobile game engine. We are a 80 strong and growing team with offices in Mountain View, California // Eugene, Oregon // and Tokyo, Japan. If you want to join us to make great games on our cutting edge technology and truly make an impact, then we want to talk to you!
- Be a key member of a high performing software engineering team.
- Play a critical role in day-to-day coding, performance profiling, optimization, and general troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to game requirements.
- Architect and code sophisticated client/server systems for mobile gaming.
- Learn from and mentor other engineers on your team.
- Take ownership of your projects to make them the best they can possibly be.
- Provide valuable input on the company's long-term engineering roadmap and help identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Define the cutting edge of social gaming!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code with a special focus on mobile performance.
- Solid familiarity with 3rd party SDKs, analytics, and A/B testing in mobile games.
- Ability to interact with peers in a constructive and productive style.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Familiarity with git, svn, or other VCS.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, product managers, and other developers.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Canvas animation work
- 2+ years of game development experience with multiple shipped titles
- Both Android and iOS game development experience
- Specialized skills in a particular area of game development (for example: UI, Physics, graphics, multiplayer, game logic, etc.)