Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Design Core manages Spotify for Music Providers, which is a centralized set of services which enable content providers to work with Spotify from one place. It brings together the work of several areas within the provider/label/publisher/artist tool space.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about delivering end-to-end experiences and software architecture across the frontend, backend, and the APIs that glue them together.
- You are experienced with modern backend languages such as Java or Python, technologies, coding, testing, debugging, and automation techniques.
- Interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise.
- Experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools.
- Know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing.
- Have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- You have an interest in frontend development and technologies, such as NextJS.
- Enjoy learning quickly and working closely together with your product team to bring value to your partners.
- You are comfortable defining testing requirements, producing lean technical specification and API documentation.
- Takes an active role in team activities, including design critique sessions, best practice initiatives, and social activities.
Where You'll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them.
- Where in the world? For this role, you will be working US East Coast hours. Most of our team is located in the NYC area, so expect one trip to the NY office once a quarter.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.