Point is looking for a founding senior backend engineer. We are building a modern and aspirational banking experience by bringing rewards and benefits to the everyday debit card.
Learn more about Point's team and culture here
- A product minded engineer that wants to be a meaningful contributor to the backend codebase.
- You have a track record of shipping quality production code leveraging JS, AWS, GraphQL, Node.js.
- You have worked at an early stage startup before (pre Series B).
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset.
What we're built in:
- Our stack consists of Node.js, Express, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Docker and Fargate in AWS, with a strong bias towards a micro-service architecture.
- We also leverage AWS Kinesis streams and Lambda to consume our data pipeline as close to real-time as possible.
- Experience working at a consumer technology or fintech startup -- ideally on systems that are highly scaled
- Extensive knowledge of performing basic devops tasks (AWS)
- Shipped a product, service, or API from scratch
- Implemented best security practices
- Competitive salary and stock options based on experience
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- 20-day vacation policy. Can roll over up to 10 days per year. And we shut down the office in between Christmas and New Year's. Flexible WFH and sick day allowance.
- Education Credits: $25/mo. Keep learning — books, courses, training, etc.
- Wellness Credits: $50/mo. Take care of yourself — gym, fitness classes, meditation, etc.
- Commute Credits: $100/mo. Don't stress rush hour — public transit, bike, lyft, etc.