The $40 trillion real estate market in the U.S. is spread across millions of individual relationships between investors, borrowers, brokers, developers, and many other players. RealtyShares is creating the marketplace and technology infrastructure to streamline real estate investing from beginning to end and open it up to a much larger audience. Our clients have already invested over $200 million on the platform.
We are seeking candidates for full-time employment as Senior Backend Engineers at our offices in San Francisco, CA. This is your opportunity to plug into a fast-paced, exciting startup environment where you'll be joining a small and talented team of developers.
- Extensive experience designing, building, and maintaining server-side solutions
- Deep understanding of data models, system of record, SQL/NoSQL databases, transactions, and eventual consistency
- Proficiency with hot, warm, and cold storage, experience with tools and platforms employing the above, from low-latency non-dropping message queues to cold backups
- Self-starter mentality: you have the ability to develop software independently starting from just an idea
- Deep commitment to TDD philosophy
- High level of comfort with the GitHub flow
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins or Travis
- Extensive production experience with strongly typed programming language (C++, F#, C#)
- Production experience with Mono
- Production experience with AWS
- 5+ years experience building fault-tolerant, highly available, and eventually consistent backend solutions from the ground up
- Building and supporting business logic in a high-load system, from conception all the way to handing it over to DevOps
- Production troubleshooting experience in real time
If you want to be part of a high-caliber and collaborative team to build a game-changing online marketplace for real estate investing, you belong here!
What's in it for you:
* Health, dental, vision insurance
* Office centrally located in SoMa with amazing views of the Bay
* Monthly gym reimbursement
* Great companywide offsites!
At RealtyShares, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
* All applications receive a response
* All applications are kept strictly confidential
* No recruiters please!