**Fully remote candidates are welcome**
Senior Backend Software Engineer
Salary Range: $140 - $175K
We’re looking for extremely talented software engineers who would help reshape the future of Sotheby’s through exceptional engineering practices, software development and design. We are in the process of revolutionizing a 276 year old business.
We need people that can help us drive technical vision, product development, innovate, optimize complex problems and improve efficiency. We’re looking for team players that value opinions other than their own, look to data to support their decisions, take initiative and make things better. Ideal candidates are curious and eager to learn, are comfortable with ambiguity and a fast paced, ever changing environment.
Our team is distributed across multiple countries and we require people that are good communicators and can work in a diverse, multicultural online environment.
Key qualities we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills! This entails active listening, taking constructive criticism, and providing feedback whenever necessary.
- Intrinsically driven to innovate and to take initiative when seeing a process or a problem which could be improved upon.
- Eager to learn new technologies and open to learning from others. We are not the place for hard-headed individuals, we strive on collaborative efforts.
Requirements and expectations:
- 5+ years of industry engineering experience with proven track record
- Must have proven experience writing, deploying, and running distributed systems
- Must have experience writing microservices with clear separation of concerns
- Must have proven experience with Golang or a functional programming language such as Scala or Kutlin
- Must have proven experience using data structures and algorithms especially as pertain to web system design and distributed systems
- Must have expert knowledge of RDBMS such as Postgres or MySQL and writing migrations
- Working knowledge of GraphQL and GRPC is a big plus
- Working knowledge and experience writing in Golang is a big plus
- Working knowledge and experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Working knowledge of messaging queue systems