NorthBay is seeking technically savvy Senior Big Data Engineer to implement solutions for our customers working with your offshore engineering team. In this role, you will collaborate with NorthBay customers, sometimes working onsite, understand customer requirements and needs, translate these into specifications to develop the solutions from, drive work with your offshore engineering teams, and deliver solutions and results to the customer. This includes assessing customer needs, re-engineering business intelligence processes, designing and developing data models, and sharing your expertise throughout the deployment process.
- Assess, document and translate goals, objectives, problem statements, etc. to our offshore team and onshore management
- Interface with Client project sponsors to gather, assess and interpret client needs and requirements
- Attend on-site customer meetings as needed
- Assess use cases for various teams within the client company.
- Develop a data model around stated use cases to capture client’s KPIs and data transformations.
- Advising on database performance, altering the ETL process, providing SQL transformations, discussing API integration, and rethinking the approach of certain KPIs.
- Teach technical data modeling concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, data architects, business users, and IT professionals.
- Document and communicate product feedback in order to improve user experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Account management experience
- Solid writing skills
- 5+ years of software implementation/services experience, preferably in the Data Analytics space.
- A passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting expertise.
- Proficiency in SQL, preferably across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, SQL Server, and Oracle).
- Exposure to developer tools/workflow (e.g., git/github, *nix, SSH).
- Experience troubleshooting operations issues.
- Optimizing database/query performance.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift).
- Experience with business intelligence tools with a physical model (e.g., MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos).
- Experience with data warehousing.
- Exposure to NoSQL-based, SQL-like technologies (e.g., Hive, Pig, Spark SQL/Shark, Impala, BigQuery).
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Minimum three years of experience
The position can be based in MA or remotely across the U.S. but will require travel within the country and to the offshore development center. Competitive salary and benefits package offered for the right candidate.