Beat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap on a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes.
Beat started its life as Taxibeat, 6 years ago in Europe and 3 years ago expanded its operations to Peru where it serves millions of rides every single month. Because of its great success, it was recently acquired by Daimler A.G and will soon be setting foot across South America.
Beat's vision is to offer an affordable and efficient way for people to move in their cities.
How are we going to achieve that? By constantly growing our world class engineering team and developing projects such as car-pooling, automated and surge pricing. Sounds exciting enough? Find out more about this role below and let's transform the future of urban mobility together.
About the role
Our Big Data team is at the heart of this effort and is an essential ingredient in Beat's aggressive growth plan and vision for the future.
As a senior member of our team, you will tackle some of the hardest problems and your work will impact the entire Beat experience, from making sure drivers are always available for all our customers, to helping our drivers utilize their working hours. Our team moves very fast, so you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate difference.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Work with the data science and engineering teams in translating complex models and algorithms into production-grade software systems.
- Develop components that will analyse, process and react to operational feeds in near real-time, optimizing driver allocation, optimizing service pricing and preventing fraudulent use of our services in near real-time.
- Being agile both within and across teams, bridging software engineering and data science.
What you need to have:
- At least one Master's degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering. Higher degrees are a significant bonus as is considerable experience with Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Big Data Analytics in the industry.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing production-grade software using either Data Warehousing, Big Data or Machine Learning frameworks in order to solve real-world problems.
- Experience in developing with Scala and/or Python at an idiomatic, expert level is required. Knowledge of advanced Java or C++ is a bonus. We would favour candidates with an exceptionally strong engineering background and deep knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms and current frameworks for their application to vast datasets.
- At least 6 years of experience with SQL.
- Proven hands-on experience with Apache Hadoop, Spark, Spark Streaming. Familiarity with Tensorflow or CNTK is a bonus.
- A strong sense of ownership in your work.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail working with qualitative and quantitative data.
- The desire to build, launch and iterate on quality products on time with minimal technical compromises under a loosely-managed working environment.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button
- Breakfast, high quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Opportunities to participate in cutting edge trainings and conferences of your choice in Greece and abroad
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.