The Senior Business Analyst will deliver analytics, forecasting, and industry analysis to inform Bungie publishing’s strategic planning and management. As the publishing team, we are responsible for the activities associated with marketing and distributing Bungie games. This role will work closely with publishing leadership to ensure that our team’s have the insights and business case analysis they need to make timely, data-informed decisions.
Reporting to the Analytics Manager, the Senior Business Analyst will rely on a variety of analytics methods and data sources to inform business cases, forecast future performance, build and maintain scorecard dashboards, and craft reports that quantify and summarize industry trends. This position will collaborate with a variety of leaders across Bungie, including product managers, marketing directors, sales planning managers, and finance managers. You will have the autonomy to work directly with senior team members on time-sensitive, challenging business questions that shape Bungie’s strategic direction. Your ability to drive an ambiguous request through to an exec-ready deliverable will be critical to success in this role.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA/CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA or WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA or WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Build scenario models to inform and drive business cases - from the initial modeling to quantify an opportunity to estimating expected costs of execution
- Build and maintain ongoing robust & accurate forecasting models with complex inputs to predict & measure business performance vs expectations (key outputs include revenue, active users, and new players)
- Collaborate with the sales and finance teams in the cyclical forecasting process, including monthly, quarterly, annual, and long-range planning, plus unplanned flash forecast events
- Document forecast assumptions and underlying analyses, and revisit those assumptions to help explain performance variance from forecast and improve the accuracy of future-facing predictions
- Build and maintain executive-friendly reporting scorecards to track KPI performance
- Ad-hoc analytics support for product management and marketing leaders
- Analyze in-game and marketing data to uncover opportunities and inform model assumptions
- Craft concise reports that communicate key findings from your analyses
- Partner with analytics engineering to define requirements for new data warehouse reporting structures to standardize repeatable analyses
- The drive to take project requirements and see them through to completion
- The ability to efficiently communicate results through data
- Financial modelling skills
- The ability to translate historical data and analysis into future-facing quantitative assumptions
- Intermediate SQL skills, ideally including topics like Windowing functions and stored procedures
- Advanced skills building clear, accessible dashboards, with a particular focus on executive scorecards and simple visualizations for tracking business performance
- Knowledge of basic statistics (summary statistics, distribution analysis, and significance testing)
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality and polish
- The ability to effectively communicate analytics insights to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of video game industry trends and the competitive space
- A degree in economics, math, finance, statistics, business, or accounting
- Experience with industry analysis or market research, or academic exposure to common industry analysis frameworks (e.g., Porter’s 5 forces)
- An enthusiasm for games!